Housekeeping Manager, Toronto
Housekeeping Manager, TorontoOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high-performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
We are looking for an energetic, creative, and reliable Housekeeping Manager to join the Equinox team. This is a great position for a candidate looking to make a significant impact in a growing and dynamic organization.
The main purpose of this position is to supervise the Housekeeping staff and operations of all activities related to club maintenance and to ensure that the club consistently meets Equinox’s standards for cleanliness and safety.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Hire, train, supervise, coach and evaluate maintenance staff
- Perform 30, 60, & 90-day review on all new hires
- Train all new staff with the customized, club-specific cleaning checklists
- Complete cleanliness inspections (walk-through)
- Perform daily one-on-one meetings with each shift MOD’s
- Ensure adequate inventory of maintenance and locker room supplies
- Implement inclement weather procedures
- Oversee deliveries
- Maintain high visibility during peak club hours
- Keep current in knowledge of key competitors as to their location, physical plant, and equipment
- Assist in the development of annual budget with respect to the Maintenance Department
- Perform all other projects and responsibilities as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual should meet the following minimum requirements and qualifications:
- Must be fluent in English with strong verbal communications skills in Tagalog
- Proven experience in the Housekeeping department of a commercial business or fitness setting
- Proven ability to hire, direct, and train staff
- Knowledge of maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and exercise equipment
- Knowledge and experience with tools
- Knowledge and experience with janitorial cleaning products and OSHA standards
- Current C.P.R. and First Aid Certification
- Financial and budget management
- Ability to utilize new techniques, ideas and solve problems
- Possess honesty and personal integrity
- Hardworking and diligent
- High sense of urgency around all work details
As a member of the Equinox Team you will receive:
- Competitive compensation
- Access to health benefits packages including superior medical, dental, vision, and retirement planning options
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on services, products and much more
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in Canada.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
THE EQUINOX EXPERIENCE
Looking to learn more about what the Equinox experience really means? Explore how we create a culture that is supportive, inspiring, and motivating.