Personal Trainer, Westlake Village
Westlake Village, California
As an Equinox personal trainer, your career becomes an empowered lifestyle founded on maximizing both your personal and client performance. Under the guidance of two dedicated managers, you will develop and refine an approach to programming, education, business, and financial planning that ensures your Personal Training career is as unlimited as your passion. Secure a stronger future and help us redefine the science of fitness and the art of living.
- Full Time
- Entry to Mid Level
- No Travel
What makes a Personal Trainer at Equinox successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Good Listener
Personal Trainer, Westlake VillageOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
We are looking for energetic, creative, and enthusiastic Personal Trainer, reporting to the Personal Trainer Manager and Fitness Manager to join the Equinox team. This is a non-exempt hourly position great for candidates looking to make a significant impact in a growing and dynamic organization.
- Administer fitness evaluations (Equifits), orientations, stretching and personal training sessions
- Establish and maintain a personal training client base according to company standards
- Provide a high level of personalized attention to members
- Maintain knowledge and/or participation in all club services, programs and products
- Update and maintain the Personal Training App
- Instruct and demonstrate to members on the proper use of equipment and exercise techniques which may include operating equipment and dynamically moving weight up to 50 pounds
- Provide each member and potential member with the best quality customer service
- Adjust and operate all fitness equipment
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Attend Personal Training related meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Current Personal Training certification from a nationally-recognized program
- Reimbursement opportunities for non-PT certified applicants
- Eligibility to begin at a higher PT tier level based on previous experience and education
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Certification opportunities available for non-certified applicants
- Possess passion, ambition, drive, and knowledge regarding fitness
- Ability to work in-person during weekdays/weekends
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Basic computer and technology skills
- Energetic, friendly, punctual, and respectful
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to perform all essential physical aspects of the position which may include standing, sitting, running, walking, jumping, squatting, bending, and reaching. As well as pushing, pulling and lifting up to 50 lbs at a time
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
Pay Transparency: $38-$67/session; $15.96/hour (non-session work); ability to earn additional incentive bonuses
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
Equinox is proudly recognized as the industry leader in Personal Training expertise, with the first in-house education of its kind through the Equinox Fitness Training Institute.
Through progressive and continuous effort, our Personal Trainer’s knowledge base will expand through in-club functional workshops, marquee seminars & symposiums, as well as deep industry relationships with university, equipment, and scientific partners worldwide.
The PT Department believes in a “promote from within” philosophy. Most of the senior PT Department leadership, both at the national and regional levels, started as personal trainers with Equinox.
Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA and FSA, including mental health coverage
Retirement planning options, including employer matching 401(k)
Access to our global network of state-of-the-art facilities
Leadership advancement opportunities such as Master Instructor, MNR Manager, or Personal Training Manager
Membership discounts on Equinox products and services
The highest compensation structure in the industry, with an earning potential of $100K+
Over 160 hours of paid education through the Equinox Fitness Training Institute
Michelle fell in love with Equinox—the education they offered, the support system within the trainers and instructors, and the growth- focused feedback she consistently received. In 2015, she became a Tier 1 personal trainer and built her business quickly. Within 6 months, she became a Tier 3 personal trainer and transferred to the Huntington Beach, California location in 2016.
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.