Senior Manager, Learning & Development – Professional Growth
Senior Manager, Learning & Development – Professional GrowthOverview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
We are looking for a Learning & Development leader to create and execute a learning and development strategy for professional growth and development across the Equinox brand. This leader will create, curate, and activate a set of professional development experiences – programs, courses, and more – for all EQX people, with a particular focus on EQX people leaders. A successful candidate will further differentiate Equinox as a place to grow a long-lasting and meaningful career.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience building and executing development experiences – programs, courses, mentorship opportunities, or others – catering to both corporate and field populations. Experience in luxury retail or hospitality organizations and with new, innovative learning technologies is a plus.
This role will report into the Chief of Staff to the Chief People Officer, as part of an incubation team: developing and iterating on ideas quickly.
- Project Planning and Management
- Lead the planning and execution of several professional growth programs from concept through completion
- For each, develop a comprehensive project plan, timelines, key stakeholders, change management plans, and budgets
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams, including Operations, People & Culture, ERGs, and other teams across the Equinox brand
- Oversee a Strategy for Professional Growth and Development
- In partnership with operations and business leaders, define and design a career path architecture for EQX people
- In partnership with the Learning & Development and Internal Communications teams, define, curate, and activate a set of professional growth and development opportunities, including leadership programs, mentorship programs, and training interventions, at critical milestones of an employee’s career journey
- Define mechanisms for content delivery and distribution
- Develop simple mentorship, coaching, and feedback enablement guides for people managers
- Professional Growth and Development Thought Leader
- Bring knowledge industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies from leading luxury and hospitality organizations to inform the work
- Serve as an internal expert, providing guidance and perspective on the principles and importance of professional growth and development to new and existing programs at Equinox
- Influence key stakeholders to prioritize and invest in initiatives (with data-backed hypotheses) that strengthen the organization’s commitment to professional growth
- At least 5-7 years experience in one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering high-impact performance and career growth and development programs – primarily mentorship, coaching and feedback – including identifying technologies and delivery mechanisms to deliver effective, repeatable onboarding at scale
- Demonstrated experience designing and executing learning and development curriculum for individuals in both a corporate and field setting
- Demonstrated experience creating skills-based frameworks and experience aligning learning and development objectives to career paths
- Demonstrated experience conducting learning needs assessments, designing curriculum that meets identified learning objectives
- Demonstrated experience overseeing an organization-wide performance management process
- Familiarity with learning technologies and platforms, as well as digital learning trends, ‘always-on’ leadership development, and adult learning theory
- Passionate about data and numbers; understands the ability to use data to make informed decisions
- Strong communication style, allowing you to work closely with key stakeholders and multiple teams to tell compelling stories
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Passion for fitness and wellness lifestyle
- Attuned to the market, able to bring examples of innovation in the hospitality and luxury industries
Pay Transparency: Min $135K - Max $145KAdditional Information
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
Complimentary Club membership
30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
THE EQUINOX EXPERIENCE
Looking to learn more about what the Equinox experience really means? Explore how we create a culture that is supportive, inspiring, and motivating.