Personal Training Manager, New York City
New York, New York
The Personal Training Manager is the business leader of the department. They create and support team culture to drive operational excellence and deliver a superior member experience.
Personal Training Managers are goal oriented, results driven, eager to interact with members, and excited to develop and manage a team of high performing talent.
What makes Personal Training Managers at Equinox successful?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
Personal Training Manager, New York CityOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them, and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
The Personal Training Manager (PTM) is the business leader of the department. He/she creates and supports team culture to drive operational excellence and deliver a superior member experience. Personal Training Managers are goal oriented, results driven, eager to interact with members, and excited to develop and manage a team of high performing talent. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
- Business management of the trainers including monthly PDMs, monthly projections, PT calendar management, lead and client communication, and oversight of trainers delivering complimentary services
- Conduct timely and relevant business management meetings to support trainer development
- Accountability of team’s business deliverables by setting targets, following up, providing feedback and support for progress
- Collaborate with Membership Advisors for PT Sales take overs
- Assume Manager On Duty responsibilities in the absence of the GM/AGM
- Lead the operational and sales components of New Hire Onboarding
- PT business and sales coaching
- Utilize scheduling tool to create floor schedule and manage the team’s ability to deliver service on the floor
- Generate PT Sales leads, schedule lead generation activities, and support trainer development to build a successful business
- Set goals in support of in club special events, and execute the proper follow up post event
- Produce and host monthly PT department forum
- Implement and execute all operational SOPs including administrative duties associated with client outreach and staff accountabilities.
- Support trainers through financial planning as it relates to the compensation plan
- Achieve monthly and annual department financial goals
- Proactively address business trends in fitness assessment conversions, client attrition and client training frequency
- Performance management of all trainers and coaches
Client Relationship Management
- Communication with potential leads and all clients
- Client coverage and sharing across all tiers
- Management of all client pipelines, inclusive of new members
- Clearly outline the pipeline responsibilities in partnership with the second Manager on staff (where applicable), and with the oversight of PT senior leadership.
- Scheduling of new member assessments, inclusive of Tier X Assessments where offered
Leader of Team Culture
- Collaborate with all departments of the club to achieve interdepartmental synergy
- Manage optimal staffing targets to meet the needs of the business, which includes the interview and hiring process
- Behavior and performance management of trainers in order to maintain a high-quality team to uphold the brand standards and expectations of their role.
- Establish and maintain friendliness and service standards for trainers in their interactions with members and club staff.
- Identify, collaborate, and align on key talent to advance trainer careers (MIT, Tier X, MIs)
- Demonstrate the ability to drive financial performance
- Exhibits sales skills with a specific focus on attracting new clients and retention
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to create a positive team culture with adherence to brand standards
- Demonstrates leadership capability
- Possess collaborative social skills and strong desire to interact with members, clients, and staff
- Ability to manage high volume of inbound communication and react in a timely manner
- Ability to create team accountability through structured timelines, action plans, and required documentation
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to hire, train and direct staff who match the brand
- Strong active listening skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the fitness industry
- Demonstrated ability for successful team leadership
- Exercise Science or Sports Management Degree preferred. Current national certification, CPR/AED, First Aid.
Pay Transparency: $58,500; Plus ability to conduct sessions and earn bonus and commissionsAdditional Information
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
Equinox is proudly recognized as the industry leader in Personal Training expertise, with the first in-house education of its kind through the Equinox Fitness Training Institute.
Through progressive and continuous effort, our Personal Trainer’s knowledge base will expand through in-club functional workshops, marquee seminars & symposiums, as well as deep industry relationships with university, equipment, and scientific partners worldwide.
The PT Department believes in a “promote from within” philosophy. Most of the senior PT Department leadership, both at the national and regional levels, started as personal trainers with Equinox.
401(k)/ Retirement Plans
Paid Time Off
Complimentary Equinox and Equinox + membership
Employee Discount on all Services
Base salary + Commission
EQX Next is Equinox’s annual Group Fitness and Personal Training forum. It’s a celebratory event, recognizing the past year’s top-achievers and setting new goals for the year ahead. The forum consists of awards, educational panels, collaborative discussions, strategic demonstrations, and the EQX Games: a friendly competition showcasing the impressive teamwork and physical performance of our clubs’ employees.
“We’re relentless about improving. We push the edge of what’s possible. It’s about education, it’s about fitness, and it’s about reaching your full potential in the industry. There’s every opportunity to grow and find what’s next for you right here.”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.