IP & Privacy Counsel
IP & Privacy CounselOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high-performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
We are looking for a dynamic lawyer to join our team as the IP & Privacy Attorney to manage all IP and data privacy & security matters across Equinox Group and its multifaceted businesses and portfolio of brands, including Equinox Fitness, Equinox+, SoulCycle, Blink Fitness and Equinox Hotels. You must have substantive expertise in intellectual property and data privacy & security regulations and managing IP and privacy compliance programs. You will also advise business partners with respect to digital products and emerging
technologies, as well as drafting and negotiating contracts in the software, technology, and digital space. Being a business-oriented lawyer who thinks innovatively to recommend solutions and risk-mitigation strategies is as critical to your success as your substantive skills. If you are a highly motivated who enjoys keeping up with evolving areas of the law, and counseling in an exciting and fast-paced environment, then this is the place for you.
- Manage all intellectual property and brand protection matters, including overseeing the company’s global portfolio of trademarks, conducting clearance searches, investigating infringement matters, drafting and sending cease and desist letters, and counseling on a wide range of issues and strategies related to the development, ownership, licensing and use of intellectual property.
- Oversee matters related to data, privacy, and security, and manage privacy compliance programs, including with respect to CPRA, GDPR, PIPEDA, BIPA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM and more.
- Conduct privacy assessments for a broad range of initiatives and provide pragmatic advice on laws and best practices related to privacy by design and data processing best practices.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of contracts related to data sharing, software development and licensing matters.
- Draft and maintain all privacy policies and terms and conditions applicable to digital products, services and offerings.
- Work collaboratively across the Legal Department on a variety of cross-functional initiatives.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of legal experience handling intellectual property and privacy matters.
- CIPP/US certification required (or willingness to obtain certification).
- Prior in-house experience is a must, with experience at a luxury consumer-facing brand preferred.
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills and substantial knowledge of laws related to areas in scope.
- Exceptional analytical, communication and project management skills with a strong attention to detail and ability to synthetize and communicate legal concepts to business partners.
- Experience and enthusiasm to work cross-functionally, cultivate strong relationships with business partners, and serve as a trusted resource within the department and beyond.
- Strong business instincts and acumen and the ability to synthesize and communicate legal concepts.
- Excellent academic credentials, including a JD from a top law school.
- Admission in good standing to the New York bar.
- Position will be based at our NYC headquarters.
Pay Transparency: $183,000 - $208,000
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
THE EQUINOX EXPERIENCE
Looking to learn more about what the Equinox experience really means? Explore how we create a culture that is supportive, inspiring, and motivating.