Personal Trainer, Orange County
As an Equinox personal trainer, your career becomes an empowered lifestyle founded on maximizing both your personal and client performance. Under the guidance of two dedicated managers, you will develop and refine an approach to programming, education, business, and financial planning that ensures your Personal Training career is as unlimited as your passion. Secure a stronger future and help us redefine the science of fitness and the art of living.
- Full Time
- Entry to Mid Level
- No Travel
What makes a Personal Trainer at Equinox successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Good Listener
Personal Trainer, Orange CountyOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
What makes Personal Training with Equinox stand out?
Equinox is proudly recognized as the industry leader in Personal Training expertise, with the first in-house education of its kind through the Equinox Fitness Training Institute. For over twenty years EFTI has elevated our trainers to design comprehensive client fitness programs that are safe, effective and results driven. We are dedicated to the professional performance of our team and compensate our trainers for their education time. Equinox offers the highest compensation structure in the industry, with an earning potential of $100K+. In addition, Equinox offers all trainers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and retirement planning options.
As an Equinox personal trainer your career becomes an empowered lifestyle founded on maximizing both your personal and client performance. Under the guidance of two dedicated managers you will develop and refine an approach to programming, education, business, and financial planning that ensures your Personal Training career is as unlimited as your passion. Secure a stronger future and help us redefine the science of fitness and the art of living.Job Description
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AS A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM TO LEARN AND EXECUTE
• PT Business Management
• Build and maintain an active client base
• Manage and maintain an accurate schedule, inclusive of client appointments, meetings, and open availability within our internal scheduling systems
• Market and sell personal training programs to members and/or clients through phone calls, emails, and in-person interactions
• Maintain knowledge of all club services, programs, and products
• Service and Hospitality
• Execute fitness assessments, guided workouts, and other complimentary services for members
• Interact with members to enhance their workouts and overall club experience
• Create and coach personalized programs for both in-person and virtual clients
• Maintain an organized and safe fitness floor during shifts and sessions
• Professional Development
• Attend Continuing Education classes to elevate knowledge and qualify for promotions
• Attend and participate in any required one-on-one or team meetings with management
• Current Nationally recognized Personal Training certification
• Certification reimbursement opportunity for non-PT certified applicants
• Eligible for opportunities to start at a higher Tier level based on experience and education
• Current CPR/AED certification (Certification opportunities available for noncertified applicants)
• Possess passion, ambition, drive, and knowledge regarding fitness
• Ability to work in-person during weekdays/weekends
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Basic computer and technology skills
• Energetic, friendly, punctual, and respectfulAdditional Information
AS A PERSONAL TRAINER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
• Compensation for time spent in internal education to support your growth as a Personal Trainer and professional.
• Premier facilities with functional training areas, top-of-the-line strength and cardio equipment, and more
• Access to our company discounts with various certifying bodies and countless seminars/workshops for CEU credits
• Bonus opportunities for eligible trainers such as, but not limited to: New Trainer Bonus, Tri Annual Incentive Bonus, Senior Trainer Annual Bonus, and Member Referral Bonus
• Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k benefits within the first month of employment
• Pathway to management opportunities via our in-house Manager-In-Training program.
• One of the highest and most competitive compensation plans in the industry with an earning potential of over $100K
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
• We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
• Complimentary Club membership
• Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
Pay Transparency: $38-$67/per session;$15.50/hr (non-session work); ability to earn additional incentive bonuses
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
Equinox is proudly recognized as the industry leader in Personal Training expertise, with the first in-house education of its kind through the Equinox Fitness Training Institute.
Through progressive and continuous effort, our Personal Trainer’s knowledge base will expand through in-club functional workshops, marquee seminars & symposiums, as well as deep industry relationships with university, equipment, and scientific partners worldwide.
The PT Department believes in a “promote from within” philosophy. Most of the senior PT Department leadership, both at the national and regional levels, started as personal trainers with Equinox.
Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA and FSA, including mental health coverage
Retirement planning options, including employer matching 401(k)
Access to our global network of state-of-the-art facilities
Leadership advancement opportunities such as Master Instructor, MNR Manager, or Personal Training Manager
Membership discounts on Equinox products and services
The highest compensation structure in the industry, with an earning potential of $100K+
Over 160 hours of paid education through the Equinox Fitness Training Institute
Michelle fell in love with Equinox—the education they offered, the support system within the trainers and instructors, and the growth- focused feedback she consistently received. In 2015, she became a Tier 1 personal trainer and built her business quickly. Within 6 months, she became a Tier 3 personal trainer and transferred to the Huntington Beach, California location in 2016.
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.