Manager in Training - Personal Training, Washington DC
Manager in Training - Personal Training, Washington DCOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
We are looking for experienced, energetic, creative, and enthusiastic people for the Personal Training - Manager in Training, reporting to the Personal Training Department Manger(s) to join the Equinox team. This is a non-exempt hourly position great for candidates looking to make a significant impact in a growing and dynamic organization.
In this leadership development position, you will be learning the role and responsibilities of our Personal Training Manager and/or Personal Training Programming and Development Manager. By starting in this position, you will go through an educational program designed to prepare you to step into a Personal Training Manager or Personal Training Programming and Development Manager position (MNR Manager).
- Accountability of team’s business deliverables by setting targets, following up, providing feedback and support for progress
- Build and establish a client base by executing fitness evaluations (Equifits), orientations, stretching and personal training sessions
- Generate PT Sales leads, scheduled lead generation activities, and support trainer development to build a successful business
- Ability to Fast Track through Equinox’ EFTI (Equinox Fitness Training Institute) training program
- Ability to complete the MIT (Manager in Training) program.
- Provide a high level of personalized attention to members
- Maintain knowledge and/or participation in all club services, programs, and products
- Update and maintain the Personal Training App
- Instruct and demonstrate to members on the proper use of equipment and exercise techniques which may include operating equipment and dynamically moving weight up to 50 pounds
- Provide each member and potential member with the best quality customer service
- Adjust and operate all fitness equipment
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Attend Personal Training related meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Current nationally recognized Personal Training certification or Bachelors/Masters Degree in the field- (Preferred)
- Multiple continuing education certifications – (Preferred)
- CPR/AED certification (Required)
- 1-3 yrs. of Personal Training experience (Preferred)
- Must have full time availability including, but not limited to Weekends & Holidays
- Proven experience building a business and attracting new clientele
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess honesty and personal integrity
- Possess passion, ambition, drive, and knowledge regarding the fitness industry
- Excel in time management, organizational and follow-up skills
- Reliable, professional, computer literate, energetic, and friendly
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
THE EQUINOX EXPERIENCE
Looking to learn more about what the Equinox experience really means? Explore how we create a culture that is supportive, inspiring, and motivating.