Maintenance Manager, Anthem Row - Equinox Fitness Clubs
Maintenance Manager, Anthem Row - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture, and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
We are looking for an energetic, creative, and reliable Maintenance Manager to join the Equinox team at its luxurious club in Washington DC at Anthem Row. This is a great position for a candidate looking to make a significant impact in a growing and dynamic organization.
The main purpose of this position is to supervise the maintenance staff and operations of all activities related to club maintenance and to ensure that the club consistently meets Equinox’s standards for cleanliness and safety.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Contribute to and consistently apply Equinox’s policies and procedures
- Hire, train, supervise, coach and evaluate maintenance staff
- Develop employees with potential Maintenance Supervisor capabilities
- Conduct performance evaluations on annual anniversary date
- Perform 30, 60, & 90-day review on all new hires
- Require Manager on Duty’s ("MOD") to attend monthly facility reviews
- Train all new staff with the customized, club-specific cleaning checklists
- Complete cleanliness inspections (walk-through)
- Perform daily one-on-one meetings with each shift MOD’s
- Report to the AGM daily for open tasks
- Ensure adequate inventory of maintenance and locker room supplies
- Conduct frequent walkthroughs
- Implement inclement weather procedures
- Oversee deliveries
- Be aware and knowledgeable of emergency procedures
- Attend Manager meetings
- Maintain high visibility during peak club hours
- Ensure high level of customer service
- Keep current in knowledge of key competitors as to their location, physical plant, and equipment
- Assist in the development of annual budget with respect to the Maintenance Department
- Perform all other projects and responsibilities as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual should meet the following minimum requirements and qualifications:
- Proven experience in a commercial business or fitness setting
- Proven ability to hire, direct, and train staff
- Knowledge in maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and exercise equipment
- Knowledge and experience with tools
- Knowledge and experience with janitorial cleaning products and OSHA standards
- Current C.P.R. and First Aid Certification
- Good financial management
- Ability to utilize new techniques, ideas and solve problems
- Possess honesty and personal integrity
- Hardworking and diligent
- Must have sense of urgency around all work details
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
All potential employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon an offer of employment unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
Looking to learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and what the Equinox experience really is? Explore how we go beyond fitness to create a culture that is supportive, drives you forward, and never settles for less than the best.
Who We Are
This is where you can find the story that started it all and how we deliver the best experience time after time.Learn More
What Matters To Us
How do we stay on top? By letting our values drive our work and how we treat each other.Learn More
What We Offer
Our benefits and rewards support you in every way that matters.Learn More