Assistant General Manager, Washington DC - Equinox Fitness Clubs
Assistant General Manager, Washington DC - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture, and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
The Assistant General Manager will help ensure the smooth and efficient operational procedures within all departments enabling the Equinox club to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Train and supervise the Front Desk, Housekeeping and M.O.D managers while helping the General Manager facilitate all delegated projects and responsibilities
- Manage multiple aspects of inventory control, payroll budget, daily bank deposits, shift coverage and general club maintenance
- Educate staff of proper company policies and procedures
- Qualified candidates must have proven leadership ability in an educational, fitness or professional settings with 3-6 years of management experience in a customer service business
- Experience in Retail & Hospitality is a plus
- Enthusiastic, passionate and knowledgeable regarding the fitness industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to drive revenue
- Hire, direct and train staff as well as excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Financial management experience
- 4-year college degree strongly preferred
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
THE EQUINOX EXPERIENCE
Looking to learn more about what the Equinox experience really means? Explore how we create a culture that is supportive, inspiring, and motivating.