Retail Shop Manager on Duty, Santa Monica - Equinox Fitness Clubs
Retail Shop Manager on Duty, Santa Monica - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
We are looking for energetic, creative, and enthusiastic Retail Shop Managers-on-Duty to join the Equinox team at its state-of-the-art locations in Santa Monica. This is a great position for a candidate looking to make a significant impact in a growing and dynamic organization.
The MOD helps direct and motivate the sales team in one Equinox Shop, ensuring the highest level of customer service, a total customer experience, and operational excellence. The MOD takes direction from the Regional, District or Area Shop Manager and the Assistant Manager on business strategy and action plans to ensure maximum productivity and compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
SALES & SERVICE:
- Achievement of assigned monthly sales goals (individual contribution to total monthly store goal)
- Coaches and develops Shop Associates in selling tactics, tools and understanding key business metrics
- Ensure an unparalleled customer experience for all visitors to The Shop and to Equinox
- Maintain knowledge of all club and Shop services, programs and products
- Understands and upholds all loss prevention and inventory management policies on a consistent basis, and ensures total team adherence to these same policies
- Ensures both personal and team comprehension of all communication and training materials, and timely/accurate completion of all assigned operational tasks
- Assists Regional, District and/or Area Shop Manager with hiring, training, coaching and development of Shop staff
- Assists Regional, District and/or Area Shop Manager with scheduling and shift coverage
PRODUCT & PRESENTATION:
- Ensures that both The Shop and the Shop staff is reflective of the company brand standards; i.e., through proper execution of merchandising and marketing direction, and through adherence to The Shop dress code
- Enforces and maintains excellent housekeeping and organizational standards on sales floors, at cash wraps and in stockrooms
- Builds effective relationships and partnerships with fellow employees, colleagues, supervisors and clients
- Maintains working knowledge of happenings and general standards and practices outside of The Shop, in other departments to encourage camaraderie and team spirit
- Complies with and enforces all company policies and procedures; embraces and supports company initiatives
- Communicates clearly and effectively at all levels with both tact and diplomacy
To successfully perform in this role, the individual should meet the following minimum requirements and qualifications:
- Proven leadership ability, and the ability to take direction
- Experience in a customer service business; preferably in retail
- Hardworking and diligent, possessing both honesty and personal integrity
- Excellent time management, organizational, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to utilize new techniques and ideas
- Be available to work a varied schedule, based on the needs of our unique retail business
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
Looking to learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and what the Equinox experience really is? Explore how we go beyond fitness to create a culture that is supportive, drives you forward, and never settles for less than the best.
Who We Are
This is where you can find the story that started it all and how we deliver the best experience time after time.Learn More
What Matters To Us
How do we stay on top? By letting our values drive our work and how we treat each other.Learn More
What We Offer
Our benefits and rewards support you in every way that matters.Learn More