Sports Monitor - Market StreetApply
Sports Monitor - Market Street
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox is looking for a Sports Monitor for our San Francisco Sports Club location. The Sports Monitor is responsible for ensuring the safety of members in the swimming pool and surrounding areas.
- Oversee the pool areas; ensure that all equipment is used safely
- Monitor lap lanes
- Monitor the pool temperature and cleanliness
- Maintain a clean pool area
- Collect discarded towels and placed in laundry bins
- Examine pool equipment prior to use; store properly at the end of shift
- Enforce all member and employee policies, rules and regulations
- Adhere to safety practices and policies
- Represent Equinox in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion
- Report any unsafe or hazardous conditions in assigned area
- Attend all meetings and training sessions as required
- All other duties as assigned
- Respond to members’ concerns, suggestions and complaints in a timely, professional manner. Escalate to management if necessary
- Offer the highest level of member and employee service while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic, and helpful attitude
- 1-2 years of experience in a the fitness industry or customer service business is highly preferred
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic, personable and friendly as well as passionate and intelligent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have flexible availability
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
Equinox will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, Sections 4901-4920)