Group Fitness Instructors, Palo Alto & San Mateo - Equinox Fitness ClubsApply
Group Fitness Instructors, Palo Alto & San Mateo - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, Precision Run, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you!Job Description
Equinox locations in Palo Alto/San Mateo are seeking Group Fitness Instructors.
- Deliver the Equinox Experience to our members in each class
- Adhere to the description of the class and modify the intensity for participants when necessary
- Continuously monitor the exercise intensity throughout the duration of the class
- Ensure class begins and ends on time
- Teach respective classes on a regular basis and keep subbing to a minimum
- Communicate with Group Fitness Manager on member feedback, equipment and operational status, scheduling, and subbing
The successful candidate should have the following experience and qualifications:
- Must possess a current Group Fitness Certification (ACE, AFAA, NASM, ACSM are acceptable) or a degree in a related field;
- Have experience teaching Group Fitness classes in a related discipline;
- Must possess and maintain current CPR/AED certification;
- Must be well-versed in basic anatomy, kinesiology, contraindicated exercises, exercise modifications for all populations and ACSM Guidelines for frequency, intensity, duration, and mode;
- Must be eager to learn and continue professional development and education;
- Must be friendly, vibrant, and outgoing; and
- Must have access to regular email and phone communication.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to run, jump, bend and balance
- Ability to effectively demonstrate all movements
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Competitive compensation
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Equinox products and services
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.