Vice President of Finance-Equinox HotelsApply
Vice President of Finance-Equinox Hotels
Equinox Hotels will cater to the high-performance traveler guest and those aspiring for high performance and will fuse substance and style to serve as the ultimate hotel destination with a 360-degree lifestyle experience. Offering the bespoke experiences and unparalleled services consumers have come to expect from Equinox over its 25-year history.
Equinox is the arbiter of high performance living. Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2016, the company is in a category of one, positioned strategically at the intersection of substance, style and luxury.It has become globally recognized as a provocative lifestyle brand that represents service, value, quality, expertise, innovation, attention to detail, market leadership and results.
IT’S NOT FITNESS. IT’S LIFE.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success.We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
- Collaborate with Senior Management to develop business strategies to maximize shareholder value.Develop performance measures to support the company’s financial direction.
- Lead the improvement of financial system’s infrastructure to drive precision and accuracy of all financial planning, forecasting and reporting processes, as well as to provide timely, accurate and insightful analysis of financial statements, annual budgets, financial trends, and ongoing forecasts.
- Partner with each operating lead to identify and establish processes to track and provide proactive and insightful reporting on the key performance indicators most important to driving each operating area of the business.
- Partner with business development, PropCo and owners.
- Maintain a process for forecasting long and short-term cash and capital.
- Lead, innovate and evolve annual club level and corporate budgeting and forecasting processes so as to optimally monitor progress and to present key operational metrics to senior management and the board.
- Develop the finance staff by establishing key performance indicators while providing motivation, direction, and timely feedback.
- Ensure the company meets or exceeds its financial budgets and targets by improving the precision and accuracy of all reporting and by monitoring financial metrics on a continual and proactive basis.
- The finance staff will prepare financial presentations for senior management while maintaining the organization’s corporate finance model, including regular updates, scenario analysis, budgeting, and five-year forecasts.
- Continuously project, monitor and confirm financial condition and club performance through review; providing information to management with key insights and recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations.
- Partner with IT to develop and implement, the appropriate best in class financial and transactional systems which meet the needs of the operating business units.
- Support all other areas of the organization (including Marketing, Development, and Operations with financial analysis, data interpretation, and recommendations).
- At least 15 years of progressive finance experience in the hospitality industry is required. Finance experience in Real Estate or similar consumer-facing businesses is a plus
- BA/BS in Accounting and/or Finance required
- MBA or CPA is preferred
- Experience in building Pro Forma financial statements/cases with solid understanding of markets
- Successful track record of strategic and operational management and successful financial oversight of multi-site operations in a fast-growing environment
- Experience with IT and financial and operational systems
- Proven history of entrepreneurial drive and teamwork; a self-starter
- Proven excellence of interpersonal skills dealing with internal and external stakeholders and external advisors
- Credible financial leader in the organization who can distill information to the management team and other relevant business partners
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to work with people at many levels and to establish trust necessary to influence and drive business decisions
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems and execute against those recommendations; pragmatic in his/her approach
- Ability to sort through multiple data points to drive to the best business decisions
- Possesses an action-oriented management style; plans and implements projects with a sense of urgency
- Adaptability to a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture
- Motivated team player
- Strong analytical and exceptional organization skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and prioritize
- Exhibits high-level energy and persistence, coupled with the flexibility to adjust plans when the business environment dictates
- Inspires, energizes, and motivates others to grow professionally
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
HOW TO LEARN MORE:
For more information regarding our company and career opportunities, please visit careers.equinox.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE