UX Designer - Equinox MediaApply
UX Designer - Equinox Media
Equinox Group is a high-growth collective of the world’s most influential lifestyle brands, that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences and community. Its mission is to restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and
experiences that define it.
In 2019, Equinox unveiled its new on-demand fitness streaming platform, Equinox Media. This venture blends digital and in-real life experiences across hardware and personalized content representing its portfolio of brands. In addition to the new digital venture, Equinox Group’s ecosystem of brands currently includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, Pure Yoga and Equinox Explore. Its creative vision and strategic growth are led by Executive Chairman and Managing Partner Harvey Spevak.
It is an exciting yet critical time for our teams at Equinox Media and we're looking for a UX Designer to help us invent new ways of connecting people to the communities and fitness that they love. If you're someone who is passionate about developing strategies based on insights from real people and can turn those insights into beautifully designed prototypes and products, both interactions and visuals, then this is the right role for you. Our team embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with a sense of pride, perseverance and care for one another. We strive to continuously deliver the best results and focus on how every action taken helps push our mission forward.
As a UX Designer you will have an eye for aesthetics, dream to please the customer digitally and are not afraid of breaking the rules. You will work within a team of Designers, Engineers and Product Managers to drive a user centered design process throughout all phases of the development life cycle while partnering closely with product management, software engineering, marketing, and creative.
What you'll do:
- See design projects across the entire product lifecycle. You will contribute to the vision for the user experience and work with others to iterate towards that vision
- Work with cross-functional teams. You'll partner closely with engineering and product to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- Be autonomous. You'll take full ownership of your work and you take responsibility for every detail each step of the way
- Inspire what's possible by quickly producing multiple concepts, knowing when to apply attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Actively participate in design critiques to give and receive feedback from other designers to make your work stronger
- Ability to think long and short-term to meet the constraints of a continuous release process while iterating toward a future vision
- Be involved from all aspects of product design from ideation to development
- Build intuitive user flows, wireframes, and experiences that are simple and elegant
- Incorporate user research and use usability testing to inform your concepts
- Prototype rough concepts as well as detailed designs for concept validation, usability testing and partner presentations
- Own functional documentation giving a detailed description of interactions and feature specs to be used across design and development.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
This is a contract to PERM role
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies, mostly for mobile experiences
- You're an excellent communicator and can clearly articulate your design decisions
- You have a user and data-focused design mentality and are constantly looking to sharpen your instincts through user feedback and data insight
- You have the ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- You have experience in building and shipping applications or software
- You have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Pro in Sketch App, Principle, Keynote, Confluence, Jira, invision, Zeplin.
Equinox Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate unique points of views & experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability & ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.