User Experience Research (UXR) Analyst - Equinox FitnessApply
User Experience Research (UXR) Analyst - Equinox Fitness
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
We're deeply interested in our members and strive to learn everything we can about their behaviors, attitudes, and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The product team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. As a UXR Analyst, you will help us learn what people need and want from our products and services and evaluate user experience.
Equinox is looking for a UXR Analyst with a passion for wellness and an ambition to go far. You will help build, grow, and nurture our member panel so that we can consistently gather data to make informed product decisions. Working closely with our product and data team, you will collaborate with across several lines of business and user experiences, including the core EQX App, group fitness, communities, personal training, and ancillary services.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research – including leading interviews, implementing surveys, and configuring design validation and usability tests.
- Synthesize and analyze quantitative and qualitative user data to provide actionable insights – informing product strategy, design, and feature development.
- Research industry trends and features to help develop and pitch recommendations for the roadmap.
- Collaborate with other researchers, designers, and product managers to ensure a consistent overall user experience.
- Recruit members for usability tests and user interviews.
- Help maintain our member panel, including tracking touchpoints and outreach.
- Work closely with and report to our Senior UX Researcher.
- 2 years of experience in a fast-paced, agile product development environment.
- You have experience with quantitative research methods, business metrics and A/B tests.
- Proven analytical skills and problem-solving ability paired with meticulous attention to detail.
- You’re a self-starter, a proactive team player who takes ownership of and accountability for projects.
- Are efficient, detail-oriented and organized; a fast learner and critical thinker.
- You have strong relationship-building skills and a thorough understanding of empathy – always seeking to achieve higher levels of empathy.
- You are an active listener who is not shy to ask why, and why again.
- Ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal stakeholders.
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business teams, designers, engineers and other stakeholders (in English).
- Have a hunger to learn more about designing excellent user experiences.
- Constantly seek ways to iterate and improve upon your work.
- Value receiving, as well as giving, feedback.
- Not afraid to suggest new things, step outside of your creative comfort zone.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, JIRA, SQL.
- Knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Portfolio including:
- Documentation of previous user research, and/or
- Documentation of previous usability tests, and/or
- Mobile App design examples, and/or
- Other branding materials or graphic design examples
- · Bachelors/Undergraduate Degree.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- Proficient in Tableau.
- Proficient in either Adobe XD, Sketch, or Figma and InVision or proto.io.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- You can speak more than one language.
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.