Tax Accountant - Equinox Fitness Clubs
Tax Accountant - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, Soul Cycle and Equinox+, are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high-performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
This position is part of a growing, fast paced team, reporting directly to the Tax Manager. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and hands on tax accountant with a strong understanding of tax compliance, accounting, research and planning.
- Assist in the preparation of corporate, partnership, and multistate tax compliance
- Assist in the preparation of income tax workpapers and quarterly and yearend tax provision calculation.
- Calculate tax depreciation to support federal and numerous state and local tax filings for a very capital-intensive business.
- Prepare apportionment detail for state income tax calculations.
- Prepares transaction tax (sales and/or use, business, gross receipts, and property tax) returns for monthly, quarterly and annual filings in a timely manner
- Prepare business license returns, annual reports and other miscellaneous returns
- Respond to various government notices from tax authorities
- Perform tax research and analysis in all areas of tax including partnerships, state & local income tax and sales tax
- Monitor and analyze proposed state and local tax legislation, regulations, and cases for tax filings
- Maintain tax compliance calendar for each respective tax
- Maintain and organize all files and tax records within the Tax Department
- Participate and assist with ongoing tax department projects and tasks such as audits, tax credits and incentives, tax transactions, etc.
- Must have minimum 2 to 4 years of experience income tax experience,
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and a Master’s Degree and /or CPA is preferred
- The candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The candidate must be able to manage and complete multiple tasks accurately and by deadline.
- The candidate must be a team player that is able to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and departments.
- The candidate must be Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Onestream, and Microsoft D365, Onesource.
- The candidate must be well organized, dependable, punctual and strong work ethic.
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Retail Shop
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United Kingdom.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
Looking to learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and what the Equinox experience really is? Explore how we go beyond fitness to create a culture that is supportive, drives you forward, and never settles for less than the best.
Who We Are
This is where you can find the story that started it all and how we deliver the best experience time after time.Learn More
What Matters To Us
How do we stay on top? By letting our values drive our work and how we treat each other.Learn More
What We Offer
Our benefits and rewards support you in every way that matters.Learn More