Sr. Data Engineer (Python) - Equinox Fitness ClubsApply
Sr. Data Engineer (Python) - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them, and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
Equinox is seeking a mid-senior level Python Software Engineer to join our Data Insights team. This role is a hands-on engineering position responsible for the build and continued evolution of our data platform, business applications, and integration tools. The data platform supports the daily functions of our data warehouse, analytics and business intelligence teams. Implementations require modern data processing, build of ETL pipelines and custom APIs. Our business applications are a set
Our ideal candidate is someone who could lead a team or large-scale project from conception to production release, has proven record of designing architecture for scale, durability and security and has a passion for building software. You will mentor and learn from fellow engineers to champion new initiatives and best practices. You have the opportunity to make a huge impact on a team that is open to change and adopting the latest technologies.
- Hands on design, development and monitoring of various Python web applications, APIs, data processing tools, and analytic technologies
- Review designs and code across multiple applications and internal tools
- Develop and maintain scalable data analysis pipeline, using technologies including Python, Spark, Redshift and SQL Server.
- Design and maintain highly available APIs to facilitate service integration.
- Integrate data from a variety of sources, assuring they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
- Develop unit tests and integration tests, refactor existing code, and participate in code review to ensure code quality.
- Document processes and standard operating procedures.
- Evaluate and conduct POC’s (proof of concept) with new technologies.
- Work and improve on various OSS projects, help bring new internal tools to the world.
- Lead the Data Insights Engineering team and mentor junior engineers
- 6+ years of experience working in a Software Engineering, Development, or Data Warehousing capacity
- 4+ years of experience with Python
- 3+ hands on experience with AWS
- Strong skills in SQL, Linux, git and Docker
- Experience writing unit tests and test automation
- Previous leadership experience
- Creative, flexible, and quick to learn and finding the best solution
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative, multi-project, deadline driven environment within Agile framework
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience with AWS Redshift or Redis Cache
- Practical experience with serverless architecture
- Love for open source projects
- Experience with automation engineering
- Experience partnering with both on and offshore teams
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) certification
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.