Sr. Frontend Engineer - Equinox Fitness ClubsApply
Sr. Frontend Engineer - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
Equinox is seeking a Senior level Frontend Software Engineer to join our Acquisition team. This role is a hands-on engineering position responsible for the build and continued evolution of our Website. The Equinox website plays a vital role in projecting the luxury, standards and its brand value to the general audience. Also, the Website is the key platform that drives sales to Equinox.
Our ideal candidate is someone who could lead a team or large-scale project from conception to production release, has proven record of designing architecture for scale, durability and security and has a passion for building software. You will mentor and learn from fellow engineers to champion new initiatives and best practices. You have the opportunity to make a huge impact on a team that is open to change and adopting the latest technologies.
- Hands on design, development and monitoring of various React Web applications and analytic technologies
- Review designs and code across multiple applications and internal tools
- Implement visual reusable elements in React within NextJs framework
- Write tests for UI using Jest + React Testing Library
- Work with DevOps for debugging build/container issue. Work within the AWS dashboard under the Teach Lead role
- Document processes and standard operating procedures.
- Evaluate and conduct POC’s (proof of concept) with new technologies.
- Make sure technical artifacts exist, are clear, and are understood by the team. May include but not limited to System Architecture, Data Model, CI/CD, Routing, File/Folder structure, etc. Responsible and accountable for gathering the artifacts.
- Lead the Frontend Engineering team and mentor junior engineers
- 6+ years of working experience in building the frontend applications.
- Strong skills in React, NextJs (FE Framework), Express/Node, Jest + React Testing library.
- Hands-on experience in Sass/CSS, HTML, JS
- Experience in Bash, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins & AWS.
- Experience in Bitbucket, GIT, Babel, Webpack & Cotnentful.
- Experience in writing unit tests and test automation
- Previous leadership experience
- Creative, flexible, and quick to learn and finding the best solution
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative, multi-project, deadline driven environment within Agile framework
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States