Software Engineer (Python) - Equinox Fitness ClubsApply
Software Engineer (Python) - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, Equinox Hotels, and Variis are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
Equinox is seeking Jr and Mid-level Python Software Engineers to join our Technology organization. This is a hands-on software engineering role working to build and maintain our cutting-edge internal platforms as a backend engineer. The ideal candidate will bring a proven track record of technical problem solving in the Web development field, a passion for Python, as well as direct experience developing RESTful APIs to support various web and mobile applications. Some example projects we are working on; a home-grown Data platform, custom Dashboarding apps, a Backend API for our internal Employee Mobile app, as well as various python ETL packages to support HR and user provisioning needs across the entire enterprise. In this exciting role, you will work closely with Product Managers, Architects, QA testers, and other engineers within the broader Technology group on various Data, HR and Business applications.
- Work closely with a team of software engineers to design, develop and support restful APIs
- Work closely with product managers to understand the requirements and produce design and code to shape the product
- Write clean, well-documented code for a range of Business, Data, and HR products and services
- Contribute to technical architecture to enable scalable and extensible solutions
- Work within established coding standards and partner with peers on design, architectural, and peer reviews, test driven development, and automated workflows via CI/CD processes
- Ensure up-to-date documentation for systems, applications, and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years experience in software or data engineering experience in Python
- 2+ years level experience working with RESTful APIs, Flask a huge plus
- Strong understanding of AWS services, specifically EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, S3, Lambda
- Strong understanding of modern caching tools like Redis, ElastiCache and or Memcache
- Experience with WSGI and web servers like Nginx, Gunicorn
- Understanding of authentication from a web perspective
- Understanding of Devops and modern CI/CD principles
- Understanding of various 3rd party Python. Eg, SQLalchemy, Selenium, Pandas
- A proven track record of practical problem solving and strong communication
- Knowledge of agile development practices
- We encourage you to share any personal technology projects you have worked on or are passionate about!
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/