Tax Manager, State & Local - Equinox Fitness Clubs
Tax Manager, State & Local - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, Soul Cycle and Equinox+, are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high-performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and hands on tax accountant with a strong understanding of both Multistate income and indirect taxation. The position reports to the Senior Director of Tax. In this role, the Tax Manager will be primarily responsible for supporting and facilitating corporate income tax and indirect tax compliance, accounting, research and planning,
- Manage the preparation & review of corporate State & Local income and Franchise tax returns for large multistate consolidated group of corporations (1120).
- Manage the preparation of and review of sales & use tax, personal property tax, commercial rent tax & gross receipts tax returns.
- Manage SALT calendar to ensure timely compliance with filing obligations.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing/remittance of all tax returns, extension and estimate payments.
- Calculate tax depreciation to support numerous state and local tax filings for a very capital-intensive business.
- Prepare apportionment detail for state income tax calculations.
- Respond to various government tax agency notices and requests.
- Assist in the preparation of income tax workpapers and quarterly and yearend tax provision calculations and disclosures.
- Remain current on new tax legislation and tax accounting rules. Identify, assess and document the tax implications of any such changes. Continuously monitor sales & use and corporate tax nexus.
- Assisting the FP&A team with state tax planning & preparation of budget cash taxes and produce reliable cash tax forecasts for income & indirect taxes.
- Participate and assist with ongoing tax department projects and tasks such as tax credits, tax incentives, tax transactions, etc.
- 4-6 years corporate income & sales tax experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Master's degree in taxation or CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft AX/D365, OneStream, and OneSource.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, expert in Excel with modeling and efficient spreadsheet usage.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with corporate management and accounting.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of working independently or leading others in an organized manner.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Retail Shop
All potential employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon an offer of employment.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United Kingdom.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
Looking to learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and what the Equinox experience really is? Explore how we go beyond fitness to create a culture that is supportive, drives you forward, and never settles for less than the best.
Who We Are
This is where you can find the story that started it all and how we deliver the best experience time after time.Learn More
What Matters To Us
How do we stay on top? By letting our values drive our work and how we treat each other.Learn More
What We Offer
Our benefits and rewards support you in every way that matters.Learn More