Senior Manager, Mobile EngineeringApply
Senior Manager, Mobile Engineering
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. Equinox and its portfolio of affiliated brands including Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels, are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
As a Senior Manager, Mobile Engineering you will be the point person for resolving conflicts, defining the technical roadmap, leading the code review process and maintaining general development standards for the team. You will work with the Consumer Technology division within our engineering team that is responsible for rapidly growing the Equinox ecosystem for Web and Mobile platforms. You will work to build polished, premium user interfaces and experiences that can be seamless for both Android, iOS, and Web users. You will also work with internal tech teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key mobile product features. As a leader in the organization, you will lead the devs across pods to ensure that technical decisions are sound and implemented and that new technologies and libraries are vetted properly in a way that works with all existing dependencies.
- Lead the code review process and maintains general development standards
- Works with our global backend team to define, design, and integrate RESTful APIs
- Works with Product Managers to define scope, specifications, and estimates
- Ensures quality through design, processes, and tools in a CI/CD environment
- Communicates with partner engineers to establish standards and architectural directions
- Leads remote and offshore teams
- You have a deep understanding of React Native development
- You have validated history of building high-level user interfaces using rapid prototyping methodologies
- You have depth Experience working in Agile Methodologies
- You have developed and published applications for iOS and/or Android
- You have familiarity working in a Test Driven Development (TDD) environment before
- You are experienced in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- You have knowledge of popular React workflows (such as Flux or Redux/ Sagas)
- You have passion about complex, interactive applications with a thoughtful UX/UI
- You are familiar with RESTful APIs
- You amplify the importance of documenting code action this standard methodology
- You have experience in software architecture
- You define technical roadmaps for engineering teams
- You have exposure to GraphQL, e.g. Relay or Apollo.
- You are well versed in standard methodologies for web and/or mobile accessibility.
- You have exposure to Typescript, Flow or statically typed languages
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.