We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results.We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Senior Counsel will be primarily responsible for supporting the organization’s legal needs with respect to technology, privacy and commercial matters.The Senior Counsel must have extensive experience drafting and negotiating contracts, expertise in privacy and technology matters, and working knowledge in diverse substantive areas of the law.The Senior Counsel should be a business-oriented lawyer with the ability to recommend solutions and strategies to a high-growth business and be able to manage multiple, complex issues at the same time over various business groups.
- Provide legal support on all digital and technology matters within the organization, including projects across the Information Technology, Operations, Marketing, and Purchasing functions
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of agreements, including those in the areas of technology and software development, hosted services, supply, consulting services, and other commercial and corporate matters
- Advise on best practices and compliance across all aspects of global privacy and data protection laws and regulations, including with respect to data collection and use, privacy by design, privacy disclosures and transparency, data security and breaches, big data, and location-based services
- Partner with Information Security to enhance computer incident response plans and procedures
- Assist in developing or enhancing new processes, policies and procedures and implementing compliance training and monitoring
- Provide broad support to the other professionals within the Legal Department
- 6-8 years of legal experience handling a broad assortment of general corporate and transactional matters with a focus on technology, privacy, and commercial matters
- Prior in-house experience at a fast paced and dynamic organization
- Excellent academic credentials, including a JD from a top law school
- Admission and member in good standing of the New York bar
- CIPP certification and/or prior experience in technology or information security field a plus
- Strong knowledge of emerging technologies and customer relationship management best practices
- Strong business instincts and acumen and the ability to assess legal risk
- Exceptional analytical, writing, and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills combined with strong attention to detail
- Local candidates only
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
HOW TO LEARN MORE
For more information regarding our company and career opportunities, please visit careers.equinox.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.