Senior Counsel, Products and Technology - Equinox Fitness Clubs
Senior Counsel, Products and Technology - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
We are looking for a dynamic lawyer to join our team as Senior Counsel, Products and Technology. You will be the primary support and voice in the room for all product counseling, technology and commercial legal matters across Equinox Group and its portfolio of brands, including Equinox Fitness, Equinox+, SoulCycle, Blink Fitness and Equinox Hotels. You will collaborate and counsel across our multifaceted businesses, with an emphasis on supporting the Equinox+ platform. Being a business-oriented lawyer who thinks creatively to recommend solutions and risk-mitigation strategies is just as critical to success as your substantive knowledge and negotiating skills. If you are a highly-motivated, organized individual who enjoys keeping up with emerging technologies and evolving areas of the law, and counseling in an exciting and fast-paced environment, then this is the place for you.
- Partner closely with Products teams throughout the platform development lifecycle, including by supporting initiatives related to new features, functions and integrations, user experience, data collection and use, equipment design and supply chain management.
Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of agreements, including those related to technology development, hosted services, software licensing, ad tech, data sharing, procurement, partnerships, sales, service providers, agencies and consulting.
Advise on privacy-by-design and ensure compliance with applicable consumer protection, payment, marketing, and other laws, regulations and best practices.
- Work collaboratively with and support colleagues across the Legal team, including by leading projects related to contract management and maintaining form agreements.
- Provide day-to-day legal support and advice on a variety of initiatives, work
- 7-10 years of relevant legal experience handling a variety of digital, technology, and commercial matters
- Prior in-house experience at a consumer-facing and/or data-driven start-up or business strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of key privacy laws and principles
- Aptitude for learning and understanding underlying technologies and products; prior experience in technology, digital media or information security fields a plus
- Excellent academic credentials, including a JD from a top law school
- Admission and member in good standing of the New York bar
- Strong business instincts and acumen and the ability to assess legal risk
- Exceptional analytical, communication and project management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Local candidates only
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
In accordance with Equinox’s policies and our ongoing commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, their families, our members, and the community at large COVID-19 vaccines are required for employees in this position. Accordingly, any offer of employment is conditioned upon an applicant’s ability to provide proof of vaccination. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, Equinox will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable City, State and/or Federal law. Any approved accommodation will also include a requirement that unvaccinated employees submit to weekly COVID-19 testing and wear a mask at all times when in an Equinox office or club location.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
Looking to learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and what the Equinox experience really is? Explore how we go beyond fitness to create a culture that is supportive, drives you forward, and never settles for less than the best.