Senior Commerical Attorney
Senior Commerical AttorneyOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
We are looking for a dynamic lawyer to join our team as Sr Commercial Attorney, managing important commercial legal matters, including key partnerships, new business development and product/service lines, marketing and advertising, regulatory compliance and contracts. Reporting directly to the Chief Legal Officer, you will be the trusted leader in these areas, counseling and collaborating across Equinox Group and its multifaceted businesses and portfolio of brands, including Equinox Fitness, Equinox+, SoulCycle, Blink Fitness and Equinox Hotels. Being a dynamic, business-oriented lawyer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and thinks creatively to recommend solutions and risk-mitigation strategies is just as critical to success as your legal expertise.
- Partner closely with the Marketing, Business Development, Creative, and Production teams to support all initiatives related to commercial partnerships and collaborations, marketing campaigns, content production, social media, and brand marketing.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts, including related to advertising, creative and public relations agencies, sponsorships, co-brand and cross-promotional marketing, production, social media, technology development, software licensing, service providers, suppliers, and other commercial matters.
- Support Products teams throughout platform development lifecycle, including by supporting initiatives related to new features, functions and integrations, content delivery, user experience, data collection and use, equipment design and supply chain management.
- Serve as primary contact on digital music licensing needs, including overseeing relationships with major labels, publishers and performing rights organizations, advising on royalty rates, and music usage, and helping to drive music licensing strategy for the Equinox+ platform.
- Work collaboratively across the Legal Department on a variety of cross-functional initiatives.
- Minimum of 10 - 15 years of legal experience handling a variety of contract, marketing, products counseling, and other commercial matters. Music licensing experience is a plus.
- Prior in-house experience is a must, with experience at a luxury consumer-facing brand preferred.
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills and substantial knowledge of laws related to areas in scope
- Exceptional analytical, communication and project management skills with a strong attention to detail and ability to synthetize and communicate legal concepts to business partners
- Experience and enthusiasm to [build a team], work cross-functionally, cultivate strong relationships with business partners, and serve as a trusted resource within the department and beyond
- Strong business instincts and acumen and the ability to synthesize and communicate legal concepts
- Excellent academic credentials, including a JD from a top law school
- Admission in good standing to the New York bar
- Position will be based at our NYC headquarters
Pay Transparency Min $234,000 - Max $272,000Additional Information
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
THE EQUINOX EXPERIENCE
Looking to learn more about what the Equinox experience really means? Explore how we create a culture that is supportive, inspiring, and motivating.