Senior Android Engineer - Equinox PlusApply
Senior Android Engineer - Equinox PlusOverview
Equinox Media was formed with the aim of developing transformative technologies, media, and experiences that inspire and equip consumers to pursue fitness every day, harnessing the power of Equinox Group’s preeminent brands, talent, and geographic footprint. In March 2020, we debuted a first-of-its kind fitness platform powering two products: the Equinox Plus mobile app and the SoulCycle at-home bike. Equinox Plus provides access to expert guidance from industry-leading brands across modalities—wherever you are, whenever you’re ready. The world has yet to see a more powerful fitness collective, and this is just the beginning.
Our team embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with humility, perseverance and care for one another. We strive to continuously deliver the best results and focus on how every action taken helps push our mission forward of helping our members pursue Fitness everyday.Job Description
Our app is a native Android application written in Kotlin that utilizes MVVM with Clean Architecture. We are looking for an Engineer who has strong problem solving skills, natural curiosity to experiment, a collaborator, eager to learn, and a commitment to building an engineering culture with our team!
What You Will Do:
- Build the SoulCycle at-home bike for Equinox+
- Write clean, performant code
- Collaborate, knowledge share, and communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the team
- Create a culture of observability within the team
- Work closely with UX designers, Product Managers, and Engineering Leadership to craft unique mobile experiences
More About You (if you don't meet 100% of these qualifications but have the relevant experience, that's OK -- we still encourage you to apply):
- 5+ or more years of software development experience
- You working experience of Android design and development patterns
- You have working experience programming in Kotlin and encouraging scalable patterns
- You have experience working with RESTful APIs in an agile environment
- You have a strong understanding of git and its popular branching models
- You have experience working with unique form-factor devices
- You have an understanding of testing and CI/CD practices
- You have experience working in an agile environment
- You are passionate about technology, learning, and finding the best solution in a collaborative environment
- Curious about integrating software and hardware
- Prior work experience with Bluetooth and Ant+
- Knowledge of OTA software updates
- Involved in the open source community and familiar with custom Android forks
- Excited by GraphQL!
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of view and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.