Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture, and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
The Senior Accountant is a key position within our Accounting department. The expectations for the role are to demonstrate strong and effective management over the monthly closing and reporting process specific to his or her responsibilities.
The Senior Accountant will assist in the accounting and internal reporting of the Company. This individual will manage the month-end responsibilities of the Company, including but not limited to lease expenses, club operating expenses, general & administrative and corporate expenses. The position will manage all new and existing leases and ensure proper accountant treatment of new leases and amendments in accordance with the ASC 842 accounting standard.
The candidate will be able to develop and maintain smooth, cooperative working relationships with all levels in the Company and cross-functional departments such as Real Estate, Accounts Payable, and Financial Planning & Analysis. Qualified candidates will bring a strong knowledge of GAAP, proven leadership ability, excellent communication skills and strong record of process improvements.
This individual will approach projects with a flexible, innovative, detail-oriented approach, and a strong emphasis on system-based (rather than people-based) solutions.
This position will report directly to the Manager of Accounting at the Company’s corporate headquarters.
- Manage the month-end close process including the recording of lease expenses, club general & administrative expenses, and corporate expenses to the general ledger
- Maintain lease management system (Visual Lease) for lease transactions; perform accounting for new leases, tenant incentives, lease terminations and modifications, and sublease agreements in accordance with ASC842
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure financials are appropriately stated and provide analytical commentary on balance changes
- Research and implement strategic based processes to improve accounting and month-end close responsibilities
- Validate the accuracy and completeness of internal financial reports
- Support the transactions and fluctuations of the P&L accounts with robust variance analysis. Must be able to understand the intent of the users of the financial statements. Provide information which is meaningful to the users.
- Prepare various schedules and supporting documentation for the external audit
- Able to work and partner effectively with other departments, such as Accounts Payable, Real Estate, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Tax
- Assist and support financial planning and analysis group in preparation of annual budgets
- Bachelors in Accounting, MBA or Masters Preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in accounting, monthly close and preparation of various financial reports in a leadership position, preferably experience with lease accounting
- CPA preferred
- Knowledge of Hyperion and OneStream a plus
- Knowledge of D365, Microsoft Dynamics AX, NetSuite, and JD Edwards a plus
- Knowledge of Visual Lease or lease management system is a plus
- Self-motivated, proactive thinker with ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
- Work both independently with limited supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Able to handle pressure and short deadlines with a positive attitude
- Exhibit willingness and ability to learn, adapt and improve the environment.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Proficient PC skills in the areas of integrated business system environments, and other basic office software, such as, spreadsheet, database, and word-processing
- Career-minded and goal-oriented person who can see challenges as an opportunity for future advancements
Pay Transparency: $Min 85k - Max $90K
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
THE EQUINOX EXPERIENCE
Looking to learn more about what the Equinox experience really means? Explore how we create a culture that is supportive, inspiring, and motivating.