Senior Accountant - Equinox Fitness ClubsApply
Senior Accountant - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for all payroll entries, overhead expenses, prepaid expense, retail and capital lease accounting. This individual will also assist on ad hoc research projects as they arise.
The candidate will be able to develop and maintain smooth, cooperative working relationships with all levels in the Company. This individual will be eager to learn, organized and possess excellent communication skills.
This position will report to the Accounting Manager at the Company’s corporate headquarters located at One Park Avenue.
- Perform key functions in the monthly close process
- Responsible for Equinox and Blink Fitness month end club accruals, Equinox Canada portfolio, prepaids, bank reconciliations and other ad hoc projects.
- Must be able to understand the intent and provide meaningful information to the users of the financial statements.
- Respond to inquiries from supervisors on a timely basis.
- Build rapport with club managers to assist with monthly financial inquires.
- Prepare ratios and other types of analytics to assist users of the financial statements, when needed.
- Able to work and partner effectively with other departments, such as club General Managers, Human Resources, Accounts Payable, Treasury, and Financial Reporting
- Opportunity to assist with international entities, mainly Canada
- Will work directly with several CPA, so will have opportunity to gain experience hours if a CPA candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- 2-4 year of experience in accounting, monthly close and preparation of various financial reports.
- CPA preferred (or actively pursuing CPA certification)
- Knowledge of Hyperion a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus
- Self-motivated, proactive thinker with ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
- Work both independently with limited supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Able to handle pressure and short deadlines with a positive attitude
- Exhibit willingness and ability to learn, adapt and improve the environment.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Proficient PC skills in the areas of integrated business system environments, and other basic office software, such as, spreadsheet, database and word-processing
- Career-minded and goal-oriented person who is able to see challenges as an opportunity for future advancements
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States