Refund and Billing Specialist
Refund and Billing SpecialistOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture, and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
The Refund and Billing Specialist will be responsible for processing assigned refunds and account adjustments in a timely fashion for residential and corporate billed members. They will research all refund requests and issue funds via check or credit card. The role exercises strong decision-making skills to complete tasks and assign exceptions.
- Establish and maintain effective, cooperative and professional courteous working relationships with your team and colleagues
- Research, audit, and process membership refunds
- Respond to General Managers questions regarding refund and billing process.
- Monitor, maintain and manually charge past due accounts that fail systemic billing
- Coordinate with the Accounts Payable department to reissue refunds and/or stop payment on checks that have not been cashed
- Process weekly batch check refund request
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the billing & collections team
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, administration.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in collections and/or customer service.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Be a skilled negotiator, organized, versatile, and autonomous
- Enthusiastic, energetic, personable and friendly as well as passionate and knowledgeable regarding the fitness industry
Pay Transparency: $22/HRAdditional Information
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
THE EQUINOX EXPERIENCE
Looking to learn more about what the Equinox experience really means? Explore how we create a culture that is supportive, inspiring, and motivating.