PROJECT BY EQUINOX: Operations LeadApply
PROJECT BY EQUINOX: Operations Lead
IT’S NOT FITNESS. IT’S LIFE: Founded in 1991, Equinox was built on the notion that fitness can empower a life well-lived and foster a strong community of high performance individuals. Nearly 30 years later, Equinox continues to lead and disrupt the category it singularly defined, operating 94 full-service clubs globally across major US cities including New York, LA, Miami and San Francisco as well as London, Toronto and Vancouver, each featuring bespoke design in an unparalleled luxury environment.
Grounded in the core tenets of Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration and backed by a Health Advisory Board of industry-leading experts across these disciplines, the company offers a holistic approach to fitness, inclusive of Equinox signature group fitness classes, personal training, Pilates, spa services, apparel, experiential travel and food & beverage. In 2019, Equinox will unveil Equinox Hotels as a true culmination of its lifestyle brand promise, redefining the luxury hospitality experience to be a seamless extension of high-performance living.
Located in the heart of NoLita, PROJECT by Equinox is a launchpad for talent looking to create the next big thing in fitness. Leveraging the capabilities and reach of the Equinox platform, PROJECT provides up and comers in the fitness industry with the opportunity to incubate new class concepts, cultivate communities, and gain exposure while building 360-degree personal brands that can scale across our 94+ Equinox Fitness clubs.
PROJECT by Equinox is seeking an Operations Lead to oversee our studio operations and studio team. He or she will be detail-obsessed, fitness-obsessed, personable and will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of Project By Equinox. This role is a unique opportunity for an individual looking to make a meaningful contribution to a cutting-edge organization, shaking things up in the health and fitness sector.
This position reports to the Director of PROJECT by Equinox.
- Oversee all PROJECT By Equinox Front Desk and Housekeeping staff. This includes:
- Manage interviewing and onboarding of new employees in partnership with Director
- Train new employees, including detailed overview of MindBody online
- Create, optimize and manage staff work schedules
- Maintain opening & closing checklists and additional SOPs
- Manage customer service and handle client issues. This includes, but is not limited to (a) supporting class booking, cancellations and payments in the MindBody system; (b) maintaining high visibility and interaction with guests and studio staff; (c) ensuring guests receive professional, authentic and courteous service
- Oversee input of all retail items, manage inventory and manage POS system
- Schedule and handle all facilities & maintenance needs with our facilities manager
- Conduct daily walk-throughs of the studio to ensure it adheres to brand standards
- Work front desk as needed and assist with daily opening/closing duties
- Manage calendar for all events and photoshoots
- Work alongside Director to execute in-studio events
- Support press opportunities and coordination in the space
- Maintain thorough knowledge of studio services, programs, trainers and products, as well as current knowledge of key competitors
- Bachelor's degree
- Experienced and knowledgeable of MindBody Online software system
- Highly organized, great attention to detail
- Able to work flexible/non-traditional hours including early mornings, nights, and/or weekends
- Willingness to jump in wherever needed; adaptability is key
- An obsession with what and who is new in fitness and wellness
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.