Privacy and Commercial Counsel - Equinox Fitness Clubs
Privacy and Commercial Counsel - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with youJob Description
We are looking for a dynamic lawyer to join our team in the role of Counsel, functioning as the primary legal support for privacy, technology and other commercial matters across Equinox Group and its portfolio of brands, including Equinox Fitness Clubs, Equinox Plus, SoulCycle, Blink Fitness and Equinox Hotels. You must have substantive expertise in data privacy and security regulations, managing privacy compliance programs and advising business partners with respect to new technologies and evolving and emerging areas of the law. Being a highly-motivated, business-oriented lawyer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and thinks innovatively to recommend solutions and risk-mitigation strategies is just as critical to success as your substantive skills.
- Oversee all legal matters related to data, privacy, and security, and managing CCPA, GDPR and other privacy compliance programs.
- Conduct privacy assessments for initiatives across a broad range of business teams and provide pragmatic advice on laws and best practices related to data collecting, sharing, use and security.
· Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of contracts related to data sharing, software development, licensing, ad tech, confidentiality, e-commerce, supply chain and other commercial initiatives.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and the evolving privacy landscape, including by maintaining substantive knowledge of CCPA, GDPR, PIPEDA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, BIPA and other relevant laws and regulations worldwide, monitoring proposed laws, assessing potential business impact and recommending changes necessary to ensure compliance and mitigate risk.
- Work collaboratively with and support colleagues across the Legal team on a variety of cross-functional projects and departmental initiatives.
- 5-8 years of legal experience with privacy compliance and a variety of technology, products and commercial matters
- CIPP/US certification required
- Prior in-house experience at fast-paced, data-driven and/or consumer-facing business preferred
- Aptitude for learning and understanding underlying technologies and products
- Excellent academic credentials, including a JD from a top law school
- Admission and member in good standing of the New York bar
- Strong business instincts and acumen and the ability to synthesize and communicate legal concepts to business partners
- Exceptional analytical, communication and project management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Local NYC candidates only
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
All potential employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon an offer of employment.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
Looking to learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and what the Equinox experience really is? Explore how we go beyond fitness to create a culture that is supportive, drives you forward, and never settles for less than the best.
Who We Are
This is where you can find the story that started it all and how we deliver the best experience time after time.Learn More
What Matters To Us
How do we stay on top? By letting our values drive our work and how we treat each other.Learn More
What We Offer
Our benefits and rewards support you in every way that matters.Learn More