Planner, Retail - Equinox Fitness Clubs
Planner, Retail - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
The Planner is responsible for assisting in creating merchandise plans to support the Company’s goals and growth objectives. The Planner provides exceptional analytical support to merchants to maximize business opportunities and minimize risk.
- Partner with Director of Planning to develop annual sales, margin, and turn plans
- Assist with the OTB process by analyzing monthly performance along with changes in business strategy and receipt flows to reforecast sales, markdowns, and inventory
- Manage vendor performance and assists buying team in evaluating any opportunity or liability
- Ensure weekly close out of receiving report to balance Order Entry System, Packing List and Invoices to facilitate timely vendor payment by accounts payable
- Manage the return-to-vendor process by negotiating returns with vendors, informing accounts payable on upcoming returns and credit memos, and ensuring stores are compliant in returning damaged merchandise
- Ensure all merchandise adjustments (MOOS, Damages, Transfers, RTVs) are closed out weekly/monthly to ensure accurate inventory reporting and replenishment
- Analyze sales performance and stock levels for key categories and classifications, recommend adjustments via store transfer or future on order reallocations
- Communicate with stores and buying team on overarching business, assortment needs, stock levels
- 2-3 years of experience in merchandise planning, preferably in cost accounting
- Strong analytical ability with a passion for numbers and product
- Demonstrates a complete comprehension of retail math and its application
- Eagerness to learn and a winning attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and computer savvy
- Able to work productively in a fast-paced team environment and effectively throughout the Company
- Organizational and time management skills
- Enthusiastic, energetic, personable, hardworking, flexible and diligent.
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
In accordance with Equinox’s policies and our ongoing commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, their families, our members, and the community at large COVID-19 vaccines are required for employees in this position. Accordingly, any offer of employment is conditioned upon an applicant’s ability to provide proof of vaccination. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, Equinox will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable City, State and/or Federal law. Any approved accommodation will also include a requirement that unvaccinated employees submit to weekly COVID-19 testing and wear a mask at all times when in an Equinox office or club location.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
Looking to learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and what the Equinox experience really is? Explore how we go beyond fitness to create a culture that is supportive, drives you forward, and never settles for less than the best.