Mobile Engineer (React Native) - Equinox MediaApply
Mobile Engineer (React Native) - Equinox MediaOverview
Equinox Group is a high-growth collective of the world’s most influential lifestyle brands, that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences and community. Its mission is to restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it.
In 2019, Equinox unveiled its new on-demand fitness streaming platform, Equinox Media. This venture blends digital and in-real life experiences across hardware and personalized content representing its portfolio of brands. In addition to the new digital venture, Equinox Group’s ecosystem of brands currently includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, Pure Yoga and Equinox Explore. Its creative vision and strategic growth are led by Executive Chairman and Managing Partner Harvey Spevak.Job Description
It is an exciting yet critical time at Equinox Media and we're looking for a Mobile Engineer who has a strong technical background to our mobile team in building the apps that our members use on a daily basis. This is a unique role where you will be working to invent new ways of connecting people to the communities and fitness that they love. Our teams embrace a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with humility, perseverance, and care for one another. We strive to continuously deliver the best results and focus on how every action helps push our mission forward of helping our members pursue Fitness everyday.
As a Mobile Engineer, you will contribute to the code to deliver new features and functionality. Day-to-day you will collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers, marketing, operations, member experience, and outside partners. If you're the type of engineer who likes to be hands-on, wants to join a team in a shared vision in enabling people to fulfill their fitness goals, wherever they are in their journey, then we want to hear from you.
What You Will Do:
- Mobile development in React Native
- Write clean, well-architected, self-documenting code
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the team
- Actively participate in all major technical discussions related to the platform
- Be apart of creating a culture of observability within the team, constantly keeping an eye on app performance and error reporting
About Our Mobile Tech Stack:
- React Native
- We use Jest for testing
- We use TypeScript
- We use GraphQL (Apollo)
More About You (if you don't meet 100% of these qualifications but have the relevant experience, that's OK -- we still encourage you to apply):
- 2 or more years of mobile engineering experience
- You have knowledge of modern design and development patterns
- You have experience working with / integrating with GraphQL and RESTful APIs
- You have an understanding of git and common source control strategies and scenarios
- You have a strong understanding of unit testing and CI/CD practices
- You have experience working in an agile environment
- You have a passion for technology, learning, and finding the best solution
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of view and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.