Manager, Personal Training Programming and Development, NYC - Equinox Fitness Clubs
Manager, Personal Training Programming and Development, NYC - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them, and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we're a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.Job Description
The MNR Manager upholds the quality of the Equinox experience through education, programming and trainer development. As a result, they inspire members and employees toward a culture of self-improvement. In partnership with the PT Manager, the MNR Manager is tasked with cultivating a collaborative and energetic culture, driving professional development for the individual and team, safeguarding brand standards and impacting key business levers.
Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Ensure the quality of service delivered through complimentary and paid Personal Training services that result in continued PT engagement.
• Complimentary Personal Training Sessions and member results review preparation
• Collaborate with Membership Advisors to provide a clear understanding of the PT value proposition
• Collaborate with Membership Advisor for PT Sales takeovers
• Hold the team accountable for branded, quality member interactions i.e. Fitness Specialist Hours, Special Events etc.
• Support the PTM with pipeline management where applicable and agreed upon
Leader of Team Culture:
• Collaborate with all departments of the club to achieve interdepartmental synergy
• Participate in the interview and hiring process of trainers
• Establish and maintain friendliness and service standards for trainers in their interactions with members and club staff.
• Lead and foster team commitment to continued education opportunities to ensure high educational standards and delivery of quality programming
• Create and present relevant development topics in the monthly PT department forum
Lead employees through the tier system via education and promotion process.
• Skill development of the fitness assessments, Complimentary PT sessions, and results review conversations through coaching, clearance, and feedback
• Competent in Equifit/CPT closing using Sales Training techniques
• Deliver in club education to support the development needs of the training team and in alignment with EFTI direction i.e. in club workshops
• Lead the quality and developmental components of New Hire On Boarding
• Ramper meetings with trainers to support program and session delivery
• Ensure efficient and timely trainer tier promotions
• Identify, collaborate, and align on key talent to advance trainer careers (MIT, Tier X, MIs)
• Host weekly Tier X team meetings to discuss upcoming result reviews, assessments, education, morale (where applicable)
• Support Tier X candidate development process (where applicable)
Manage PT Standards:
Ensure high value of PT service delivery to impact member participation, client attrition and compliance around programming and results review preparation.
• Conduct regular program design meetings with each team member to ensure compliance on program delivery standards
• Perform session audits on both complimentary and paid services and provide timely and constructive feedback
• Proficiency in usage, delivery and compliance of all member and employee facing digital tools Assessment Room Maintain assessment room presentation and functionality of all equipment (including Tier X room where applicable)
• Equipment, iPads, Masks, Printers, etc. • Vendor partnering updates/programming (where applicable)Qualifications
• Holds a genuine interest in the science, education, and on-going innovation of living a high-performance lifestyle
• Upholds the integrity of the Equinox brand
• Demonstrates superior instructional and coaching abilities
• Expertise in Equinox programming standards
• Ability to create a positive team culture with adherence to brand standards
• Demonstrates leadership capability
• Possess collaborative social skills and strong desire to interact with members, clients, and staff
• Ability to manage high volume of inbound communication and react in a timely manner
• Ability to create team accountability through structured timelines and required documentation
• Strong technical skills
• Ability to hire, train and direct staff who match the brand
• Strong active listening skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Effective time management and prioritization skills
• Enthusiastic and passionate about the fitness industry
• Passion for Equinox, and its member-centric mission
• Exercise Science or Sports Management Degree preferred. Current national certification, CPR/AED, First Aid
• Excellent instructional abilities - i.e. ability to lead a curriculum and create strategies for learning
Pay Transparency: $58,500; ability to conduct sessions and earn bonus and commissionsAdditional Information
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
Looking to learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and what the Equinox experience really is? Explore how we go beyond fitness to create a culture that is supportive, drives you forward, and never settles for less than the best.
Who We Are
This is where you can find the story that started it all and how we deliver the best experience time after time.Learn More
What Matters To Us
How do we stay on top? By letting our values drive our work and how we treat each other.Learn More
What We Offer
Our benefits and rewards support you in every way that matters.Learn More