Learning & Development Product Manager – Performance Management
Learning & Development Product Manager – Performance ManagementOverview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
We are looking for a Product Manager to create and execute a strategy for performance management across the Equinox brand. This Product Manager will create a framework for and oversee the annual performance management Program, as well as develop and manage a framework for skills that foster a culture of two-way feedback and develpment. A successful candidate will foster a culture of feedback, goal setting, and performance achievement across the Equinox brand.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience building and leading organizations’ performance management processes, with experience building a framework that incorporates goal setting, feedback, and growth opportunities into managing performance. Experience in luxury retail or hospitality organizations with both corporate and field populations is a plus.
This role will report into the Chief of Staff to the Chief People Officer, as part of an incubation team: developing and iterating on ideas quickly.
- Project Planning and Management
- Lead the planning, and execution of a performance management project from concept through completion.
- Develop a comprehensive project plan, timelines, key stakeholders, change management plans, and budgets.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams, including Operations, People & Culture, Operations, Compensation and other teams across the Equinox brand
- Development of Performance Management Strategy
- In partnership with People & Culture business partners, solidify a philosophy for performance management in the organization
- Design a performance management strategy and process that advances organizational goals and employee performance,
- Design supporting infrastructure, including training and communications, that make new processes clear and easy to follow
- Foster a culture of engagement and recognition across the Equinox brand, designing regular touchpoints for feedback and career coaching that serve as inputs to the overall performance management process
- Partner closely with the Total Rewards team to identify important linkages between performance and rewards, designing clear incentives for performance
- Development and Management of Skills Framework
- Own comprehensive library of leadership and management skills, mapping skills to organization roles and identifying learning and development objectives for key organization roles
- Identify career development & performance needs for the organization, including critical organization skill gaps to inform future hiring needs
- Performance Management Thought Leader
- Bring knowledge industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies from leading organizations to inform the work
- Serve as an internal expert, providing guidance and perspective on the principles and importance of performance management on organization performance
- Influence key stakeholders to prioritize and invest in initiatives (with data-backed hypotheses) that strengthen the organization’s commitment to a culture of feedback and performance
- At least 3-5 years in one of or several of the following:
- Demonstrated experience overseeing an organization-wide performance management process, including developing clear performance rating criteria, designing a clear mechanism for delivering feedback, communicating program expectations, and partnering with Total Rewards to map talent outcomes to reward outcomes
- Demonstrated experience designing and goal setting and feedback programs for individuals in both a corporate and field setting
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing organization skills, including developing and managing a skills library and mapping skills to key roles
- Ability to innovate and reimagine performance management models and theories to ensure the revamped program is fit for purpose for the Equinox culture
- Passionate about data and numbers; understands the ability to use data to make informed decisions
- Strong communication style, allowing you to work closely with key stakeholders and multiple teams to tell compelling stories
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Passion for fitness and wellness lifestyle
Pay Transparency: Min: $115k - Max $125kAdditional Information
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
Complimentary Club membership
30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
THE EQUINOX EXPERIENCE
Looking to learn more about what the Equinox experience really means? Explore how we create a culture that is supportive, inspiring, and motivating.