Front End Engineer, FurthermoreApply
Front End Engineer, Furthermore
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Furthermore from Equinox is the leading digital publication for high performance lifestyle content. The newly branded Furthermoresite launched in April 2019 and delivers definitive, expert-vetted science in beautiful ways through proprietary articles, photography and videos that combine in-house fitness and wellness expertise with global tastemakers in travel, food, fashion and technology. Go further. Want more. http://www.furthermore.equinox.com
This position is based in New York City.
- Partner closely with Product, Design, and Back-End teams to develop responsive user interfaces for our readers
- Participate in daily Scrum calls with the Product Manager and remote development team to convey project statuses and develop new content in sprints
- Newsletter management: build modern HTML email templates that work across devices and different email service providers
- Site optimization: Use A/B testing for headlines, emails, article pages, and new site features to improve our readers’ experiences of our brand
- Provide accurate timeline estimates for projects in meetings with Product, Design, and Business teams
- Write code that prioritizes readability and optimizes performance speed
- Front end web development experience with responsive web & mobile applications
- The ability to communicate technical processes in clear language to business and editorial team members
- Navigate our site CMS and build custom modules for articles when necessary
- Thinks creatively and looks for ways to innovate and improve existing technologies, processes and systems
- Ability to work independently while keeping teammates abreast of milestones, dependencies and issues
- Experience building HTML-based email templates
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Competitive compensation
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Equinox products and services
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.