Food & Beverage DirectorApply
Food & Beverage Director
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Food and Beverage Director will be a key player in strategically evolving and spearheading Equinox’s F&B business. This individual will work report into the Group Vice President of Ancillary Operation and collaborate with cross functional teams to manage on-going F&B operations, drive revenue of F&B locations, and develop new F&B businesses inside Equinox Fitness Clubs. The Director will also work with F&B partners to ensure that quality standards are being met and that the Equinox brand is fully integrated.
As Nutrition is a key member value proposition at Equinox, the F&B Director will also partner with Furthermore and other Ancillary businesses to define the Nutritional strategy at Equinox and help drive content that support this mission.
- Lead the strategic development of our F&B relationships across existing and new Equinox Fitness Clubs.
- Manage all Equinox F&B partnerships to ensure that quality & customer service standards and that our brand is fully integrated
- Act as the liaison between Equinox and our strategic partner to evolve and grow the F&B business strategically, this includes communicating directly with our partner executives and operations team
- Partner with Real Estate and implement F&B solutions for new clubs
- Develop and audit operational standards, programming and an overall service plan
- Develop, maintain and uphold operational guidelines that represent the Company's brand and operating philosophy
- Lead the development and charge of Equinox’s point-of-view on nutrition and how it’s integrated into the member experience
- Serve as an internal resource in the areas of cost control, budgeting, forecasting, purchasing, inventory control, and menu planning & pricing
- Influence menu development, marketing efforts, and business strategy
- Partner with senior leadership and other functional teams (e.g. Finance, Information Systems, Procurement, Human Resources, and Marketing) to drive business day-to-day.
- Evaluate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and create centralized best practices within each location to ensure uniform performance from location to location
- Act as an advisor to Furthermore to provide Nutritional point of view content
- 8+ years of food and beverage experience in a restaurant, quick serve, café or other relevant hospitality setting
- Multi-unit and-industry experience is required
- Diverse experience working in the restaurant and hospitality industry and the ability to make recommendations regarding operational best practices
- Certification in nutrition or culinary training a strong plus
- Experience working directly with partners and/or with joint ventures
- Must have a proven track record for expanding a business and building operations
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.