Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis - Equinox Fitness ClubsApply
Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
Equinox is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Analyst to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team. As FP&A Analyst, you will work cross-functionally with business leaders to evaluate and drive financial performance as well as assisting with strategic projects to support various initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have strong financial and analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment. The FP&A team at works cross functionally to support all aspects of the organization - this individual should be a self-starter who is eager to roll up their sleeves, dive into details and drive decision making through financial analysis. This role reports into our Director of FP&A and sits at our headquarters in Hudson Yards.
- Support the quarterly and annual budgeting process, providing financial support on revenue and expense planning
- Build relationships and partner closely with business leaders and P&L owners to understand detailed drivers of the business and perform ad-hoc financial analyses to support decision making
- Analyze club level financial performance on a monthly and ad hoc basis, perform variance analysis, and identify key trends to inform decision making
- Maintain monthly consolidated cash forecast and track inter-company movement of cash
- Build and maintain long-term financial plans. Consolidate company-wide long-term plans.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reporting packages, board and investor materials
- Gather, analyze and interpret data to support various business and financial needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting a must
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, corporate finance, FP&A or related field
- Proven analytical, financial modeling and presentation skills with the ability to conduct detailed analyses, tell the story through data, and effectively summarize actionable recommendations
- Mastery of Excel; must possess the ability to build and update complex, dynamic financial models and reporting templates
- Experience with Hyperion or similar BI+ tool a plus
- Results oriented with a strong attention to detail, ability to proactively manage multiple concurrent responsibilities
- Must be a team player who understands the importance of the role as a key support function to the operating team and be able to work independently
- Working knowledge of GAAP and basic accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States