Equinox Hotels Acquisitions & Business Development Analyst/AssociateApply
Equinox Hotels Acquisitions & Business Development Analyst/Associate
Equinox Hotels will cater exclusively to the high-performance traveler and will fuse substance and style to serve as the ultimate hotel destination with a 360-degree lifestyle experience. Offering the bespoke experiences and unparalleled services consumers have come to expect from Equinox over its 25-year history. We have multiple hotel projects underway across the country and are looking to significantly grow the brand.
Equinox is the arbiter of high performance living. Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2016, the company is in a category of one, positioned strategically at the intersection of substance, style and luxury. It has become globally recognized as a provocative lifestyle brand that represents service, value, quality, expertise, innovation, attention to detail, market leadership and results.
IT’S NOT FITNESS. IT’S LIFE.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community invested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you
Equinox is seeking an analyst/associate with strong modeling skills to support the Acquisitions & Business Development Team in the identification, research, financial underwriting, due diligence review and execution of hotel development, acquisition and management agreement opportunities. This person will also maintain systems for monitoring markets and deal pipelines including accurate and timely information flow regarding specific acquisition prospects and transactions. This person will also generate market research and analyze one-off opportunities and challenges as they arise.
The business development group works closely with many other departments within the company, our counterparts at Related as well as with external developers, owners, investors, brokers, attorneys, landlords, architects and engineers.
This role reports into our Vice President of Business Development and sits at our headquarters at 19th and Broadway in NYC.
- Create and revise hotel operating, investment and/or development financial models for review and presentation with limited guidance
- Underwrite multiple transactions simultaneously but also make progress on existing pipeline transactions and other one-off development oriented requests
- Prepare initial site and market analyses including demographic reports, maps, competition reports, and general site information
- Prepare presentations to the Business Unit leadership teams and members of Senior Management throughout transaction lifecycles, including updates on the transaction, resolving issues and requesting formal approval to proceed with the transaction.
- Develop, analyze, and prioritize business cases for high potential opportunities; topics span all areas of the business, including but not limited to brand, product, marketplace, distribution, channel, geography, and operations
- Develop quantitative and qualitative content for ongoing strategies and deliverables such as monthly business updates, investment memos, strategy meetings, Board of Director updates, and executive off-sites
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the industry and market trends, competitive intelligence, and consumers
- Provide ad hoc analytics and other projects and duties as assigned
- Interact with brokers and other consultants
- 2-5 years of commercial real estate underwriting experience at an investment bank, investor, lender, REIT, developer, hotel operator or institutional brokerage, focused on one or a combination of acquisitions/dispositions, development, banking or finance; ideally hotel specific
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong analytical, modeling and reporting skill sets; must have proven experience building commercial real estate financial and investment models from scratch using Microsoft Excel
- Ability to serve in a support capacity with regard to strategic financial and business analysis
- Excellent, communication (verbal and written) skills
- Excellent organizational skills and must be able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and work simultaneously with different interdisciplinary stakeholders
- Ability to analyze data and present key findings both verbally and in written form
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- A “can do” attitude, that is solution oriented and willing to put in the extra effort required to get projects done on time and executed at the highest level of quality
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.