Director, Strategy - Equinox FitnessApply
Director, Strategy - Equinox Fitness
- OUR STORY
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Director, Strategy will report into the SVP, Strategy for Equinox. You will define, refine and implement Equinox’s strategic objectives.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You’re a strategic thinker, who can flex between thinking through and muscling through a problem
- You thrive in taking ambiguous ideas and turning them into tangible next steps – and getting stuff done!
- You have deep experience working cross-functionally to move complex projects forward
- You have deep experience applying structure to any challenge while maintaining a flexible workstyle
- You have experience working with corporate and on-the-ground stakeholders
- You’re an expert at making the complex simple
- You’re passionate about health, wellness and fitness and are excited about the Equinox brand
1. Define & Refine Strategy: Align on the strategic objectives and top projects
- Strategic planning process
- Generate and vet new concepts
2. Execute & Implement Strategy: Drive progress on the defined set of strategic projects
- Own: Concept ---> Reality (every one of the “Support” tasks below)
- Decision Making and Accountability
- Establish long-term owner
- Concept Formation
- Milestone / KPI Definition
- Project Management
- Connecting Internal Dots
- Check-In: Maintain a pulse on the project
- Add accountability
- Add periodic advisory
3. Corporate Strategy: Facilitate and communicate the strategy
- Board material and offsite support
- Mini projects / ad-hoc requests
- Communicate the strategy into the organization
- 6-8 years of Experience, ideally with:
- Strategy / Ops Consulting
- Exposure to the Consumer, Retail, Wellness space
- Corporate Strategy, Business unit ownership, or early-stage startup experience
- Complex project management experience
- BA required, MBA optional
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.