Director Product Management – VideoApply
Director Product Management – Video
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox is seeking a Director of Product Management - Video to help start a new business that sits at the intersection between digital and physical. Reporting to the Head of Product, this role will work closely with third parties, engineers, and designers to create, evolve, and optimize the product’s video experience. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in the entire digital video stack, educated opinions on OVPs, and the ability to bring it all together into a flawless end-user experience. You will also feel comfortable diving into the data to perform quantitative analysis that unlocks growth opportunities.
- Based on subject matter expertise, data analysis, and market analysis, establish and grow a perspective on how the product can attract and retain customers.
- Own the video roadmap, collaborating with third party vendors, designers, engineers, and SMEs on user stories, prioritization, and agile artifacts like sprint planning, demos, and retros.
- Manage initiatives from conception through execution, identifying KPIs and monitoring them post-launch for insights into next steps.
- Maintain a growth mindset, setting and meeting (or exceeding) goals that ladder up to consistent improvement to key business objectives, and always looking at opportunity costs to ensure we’re making not just the right call, but the best call.
- Understand product management in a startup environment balanced with the rigor needed for a highly detailed, data-driven customer experience
- Communicate, evangelize, and listen deeply.
- Collate and communicate status at the executive level as well as the ground level - being able to go deep at the drop of a hat, while also being able to hit the headlines for a quick summary.
- Use data and feedback from participants and peers to drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with partner company teams to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Experience working in an enterprise software environment where things like scalability, security, documentation, and analytics are critical.
- Minimum 5-7 years in digital product management with an emphasis on highly scaled, streaming video
- Excellent communication, active listening and organization skills
- Strong opinions held loosely - no ego/ability to change your mind based on new information
- Technical prowess - working knowledge of how highly scaled digital/mobile products come together.
- Basic SQL skills to grab data for analysis
- Positive, Results-Oriented Attitude
- Personal passion for fitness and/or fit-tech
- Experience with data-driven products
- Basic R or Python skills for data analysis purposes
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.