Director, Partnerships - Equinox MediaApply
Director, Partnerships - Equinox Media
Equinox Group is a high-growth collective of the world’s most influential lifestyle brands, that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences and community. Its mission is to restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In 2019, Equinox unveiled its new on-demand fitness streaming platform, Equinox Media. This venture blends digital and in-real life experiences across hardware and personalized content representing its portfolio of brands. In addition to the new digital venture, Equinox Group’s ecosystem of brands currently includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, Pure Yoga and Equinox Explore. Its creative vision and strategic growth are led by Executive Chairman and Managing Partner Harvey Spevak.
The Equinox Media team is seeking a Director of Partnerships to grow and develop strategic partnerships and sponsorships for a fast-growing digital fitness platform. The ideal candidate is comfortable sourcing, negotiating, and executing strategic partnerships.
We’re looking for a commercial leader who is comfortable in both closing deals and nurturing partnerships to ensure both immediate and long-term success. You are at your best in a dynamic start-up environment, and you have a track record building new business partnerships that influence company strategy. Experience working collaboratively with legal and executive teams is a must.
This position reports to the CEO. The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- License content with key partners who join the digital platform
- Source new opportunities and manage existing relationships across music, media, tech and fitness industries that align with the long term strategic vision of the platform
- Work closely with Legal, Finance, Brand, Product, and Tech leaders to develop strategies to grow revenue and increase consumers at the top of the funnel
- Manage deal negotiations, partnering with Legal, Finance and other internal teams to establish terms sheets and deal parameters
- Lead the execution of deals post-close ensuring deal performance against KPIs by building cross-functional internal alignment around each opportunity
- Identifying revenue opportunities and creative ways to grow the business
- Build and maintain an up-to-date CRM database of active deals across your team
- Create campaign recaps to share with partners
- Exceed established revenue targets
- Travel regularly for partner meetings
- Preferred 5+ years experience sourcing, negotiating, and executing strategic partnerships
- Experience in the music industry is ideal
- Must be able to travel up to 40% of the time for partner meetings
- You have experience building teams from the ground up
- Able to bridge back to doing individual contributor work to bring a project to completion while staffing up an organization over time
Equinox Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate unique points of views & experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability & ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.