Director of Operational Strategy - Equinox Fitness ClubsApply
Director of Operational Strategy - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
The Director of Operational Strategy will lead mission critical, cross-functional efforts, deliver objective analysis and insights, and execute on strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate will combine thought leadership, commercial pragmatism, and analytical rigor with enthusiasm for diving deeper into existing processes and tirelessly looking for opportunities to "Drive Change" in the organization.
This role is also pivotal in supporting the development and maintenance of business partnerships to drive project/initiative work and innovation efforts at Equinox pertaining to the Member Experience. This highly visible role requires demonstrated experience in managing, measuring and driving complex tasks and projects, constantly operating in a raise the bar mindset.
- Rare combination of “thinker” and “do’er” with a strong aptitude for understanding strategic goals of Member/consumer elevated experiences and building and executing the tactics to accomplish them.
- Exceptional ability to balance creative thinking with strong business judgment and analytical skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Strong written and verbal communicator; you can explain complex concepts and issues clearly and efficiently.
- Ability to work with others or independently to navigate ambiguous situations; you can identify and act upon an opportunity or problem without explicit instructions.
- You lead by example and do not delegate what you would not do yourself; you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves up and finish a project without help when needed.
- Resilient and positive attitude – even the stiffest challenges are possible with the right amount of creativity, good judgment, and hard work.
- Exhibit strong integrity and ability to follow through on commitments and deadlines.
- Simultaneously develop and manage detailed roadmaps for multiple projects
- Support strategic planning that focus on driving new projects, processes improvements and customer/member experience enhancements.
- Strategic thinker with ability to execute on strategy across large portfolio of clubs/businesses.
- Perform forecasting and market analysis to develop competitive intelligence strategy.
- Lead roadmap of enhancements to drive continuity, reduce risk and enable new capabilities for internal & external stakeholders.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the business to define needs and deliver holistic solutions.
- Identify opportunities for automation and system improvements.
- Author and deliver executive level reporting, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews.
- Proactively connect the dots across initiatives (both internal and to business strategy) to ensure execution and accountability.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically and to drive execution. Should be equally comfortable with long term planning and day-to-day progress tracking and execution.
- Use deep professional knowledge and acumen to advise senior leadership on decisions.
- Exercise considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and delivering initiatives.
- Have an eye for detail, foresee the unforeseen.
- 5+ years of Operational experience required in Strategy/Operations consulting, strategic development, and leadership experience in customer service
- Bachelor’s degree
- Corporate Strategy, Business unit ownership, or early-stage startup experience
- Experience within investment banking or consulting ideal
- Exceptional verbal and written articulation skills – ability to effectively communicate complex concepts and ideas in a non-technical, simple manner across different levels and geographies of an organization
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and project management skills required
- Solid understanding of Customer Experience, Customer Service, Finance, and Data Science & Insights
- Highly organized individual with strong time management skills
- Strong negotiation, collaboration, team facilitation, and influencing skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams under aggressive deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate and present to executive leadership
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States