Director of Information Security - Equinox Fitness ClubsApply
Director of Information Security - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
The Director of Information Security is responsible for protecting the Equinox Group and respective ecosystems against both external and internal threats. This role operates in a Shared Services model that is responsible for developing the security program and compliance across the Brands. This Director of IS provides the Equinox Group with a clear understanding of the challenges of information security that the Group faces and the leadership (analytical and problem-solving) to define the strategy and plans to address these challenges. The individual will work closely with our Legal and Loss Prevention departments as well as across all levels of the organization in identifying and implementing appropriate security measures based on risk. The role requires someone hand's on, highly collaborative and willing to dig into the details to envision and implement security solutions in partnership with internal departments and 3rd Party organizations.
- Assess the organization’s security posture to identify any weak points that might make systems vulnerable to attack. Recommend solutions that are foundational and must haves and ones that are next gen.
- Define and evolve the security program and related compliance for the Equinox Group of brands.
- Operate and continually improve the Shared Services model for the Equinox Group.
- Lead PCI compliance and related tasks for the organization.
- Lead and partner with Legal on regulatory obligations such as GDPR and CCPA.
- Partner with outside security firm to perform annual risk assessments, roadmap creation and subsequent remediation projects.
- Develop information security policies, procedures, and practices which meet published industry standards and mandate compliance in all tech related systems and projects.
- Closely partner with the Technology Teams on all projects to ensure security compliance.
- Establish procedures and automated processes to monitor the status of computers, systems and networks which are employed by Equinox and 3rd Parties. Work with SIEM partner on alerts detecting unusual patterns of behavior.
- Lead any efforts which are in response to threats, incidents or material breaches in partnership with internal Equinox departments and 3rd Party organizations.
- Identify, sponsor and provide oversight for all security lead initiatives within Equinox. This role will be a driving stakeholder on numerous initiatives, as well as, a subject matter expert.
- Provide monthly and quarterly executive security report cards identifying trends, risks and other KPI’s.
- Provide leadership, supervisory management and mentorship to direct report(s) and any dotted line staff
- Support departments and associated operational processes to ensure security is at the forefront.
- Participate in prospect and customer briefings and opportunities.
- Degree in business administration or a technology-related field required.
- Professional security management certification
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security and IT jobs
- 5+ years formulating executive level recommendations related to Information Security strategy
- 5+ years developing security programs by reviewing existing programs; conducting comprehensive reviews of threats; evaluating and analyzing relevant data points.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, and NIST.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high level of personal integrity
- Innovative thinking and leadership with an ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations and management including managed services.
- Demonstrated understanding with the current regulatory environment and related implications to security management compliance
- This position requires handling multiple engagements with overlapping deadlines
- A collaborative approach is a must, as well as the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of technical and non-technical personnel
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States