Director of EngineeringApply
Director of Engineering
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results.We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Director of Engineering must be able to set the architectural and engineering standards across the Consumer Technology team as well as evangelize best practices and lead by example.You will partner with business, QA, and product staff to deliver efficient, cost-effective, high-performing, and scalable solutions at a demanding pace.Building a cohesiveness within the team, but also across technical teams within the organization, will be key to the success of this role.
Candidates should truly love what they do, be flexible and communicative, and relish learning new things.
- Own architectural design and engineering across application development teams for the Consumer Technology team, including web, mobile, core services, and connected technologies
- Lead by example through dedication, flexibility, and an openness to finding the best technical solution to a problem, collaborating effectively across the organization
- Use architectural reviews and engineering chapter meetings to continue to grow the technical staff and evangelize best practices
- Make critical software design decisions and help lead and mentor staff to do the same
- Enforce coding standards through rigorous design, architectural, and peer reviews, test driven development, and automated workflows via CI/CD processes
- Build and manage a growing team made up of in-house and remote technology resources
- Develop, implement, and socialize engineering best practices and standards
- Be fully involved in the software development lifecycle, mentoring engineers as they build software in alignment with an evolving architectural vision
- Be flexible enough to adapt and extend architectural plans as new product goals and technical challenges emerge within our agile environment
- Ensure up-to-date documentation for systems, applications, and procedures
- Partner with development operations to continue developing a highly functional set of development tools in what will become a continuously deployed environment
- Continuously work to improve and invest in your engineers to grow them personally and technically
- 9+ years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years running engineering teams
- Expert skills in architecting enterprise level, scalable solutions
- A proven track record of practical problem solving and strong communication
- Expert level experience in architecting and coding in Python, Node.js, Golang, Java, or .Net
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies and JS frameworks (ex: React)
- Comfort with standard web technologies
- Expert level experience working with RESTful APIs
- Strong understanding of AWS, specifically EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, S3, Lambda
- Experience utilizing modern caching via CDN as well as ElastiCache and Redis or Memcached
- Support and knowledge of agile development practices
- A strong understanding of containerization concepts and orchestration toolsets
- Strong knowledge working with relational, non-relational, and document based data stores
- A passion for growing teams, finding creative solutions, and building killer products
- Strong understanding of mobile development languages and frameworks
- An expertise around PCI and GDPR compliance
- A strong understanding of infrastructure and application security best practices
- Experience evaluating and improving legacy systems
- Hands-on experience with standard and headless content management systems
- Experience developing for connected technologies
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
HOW TO LEARN MORE:
For more information regarding our company and career opportunities, please visitcareers.equinox.com and http://tech.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.