Director of Engineering - Equinox Fitness ClubsApply
Director of Engineering - Equinox Fitness Clubs
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, Precision Run and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
In this role, you will recruit, hire, and manage a team of frontend and backend software engineers, who are tasked with building a new fitness technology platform for Equinox. This is an amazing opportunity to own the technology solution for an entire platform from the ground up.
In addition to owning this new platform, you will also be responsible for creating a culture and processes that keep engineers engaged and efficient as they work on their individual projects.
This position reports to the Head of Engineering for Consumer Technology, and will be working closely with the lead product manager for internal initiatives.
For this new fitness technology platform, you will:
- Collaborate with internal partners to define the technical strategy.
- Drive technical design and systems architecture.
- Manage software engineers that will design, build, and maintain the platform.
- Inspire and grow engineers through mentorship, empowerment, and by challenging them to do their best work.
- Plan and support career development for the members of your team.
- Implement best practices in architectural design and mentor team in these practices.
- Maintain a high-quality code base, through developing standards and performing code reviews.
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, impactful solutions and shipping things quickly.
- 10+ years of experience leading and managing high performing engineering teams (5+ years as a manager).
- Experience leading teams that are building multiple components of a platform: mobile app, frontend web, and backend.
- Experience working with React to build user interfaces for mobile and web.
- Experience working with either Python or Java for building APIs and other backend components.
- Experience working in an environment that relies on automation and CI/CD to rapidly deliver, test, and iterate on products and features.
- Experience working within a cloud-based environment such as AWS for networking, compute, database, cache, and storage services.
- Experience working with container platforms such as Docker.
- Experience working with relational and non-relational data stores.
- Experience working with teams that are distributed across multiple locations (NYC, Argentina, Romania, and India)
- Experience working with external agency teams across product, engineering and design
- Ability to understand, diagnose, and articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and make decisions on tradeoffs without compromising quality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an eye for detail.
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.