Director of Communications & Public RelationsApply
Director of Communications & Public Relations
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Director of Communications & Public Relations will lead all lifestyle and business communications for Equinox Fitness Clubs, company thought leadership and executive visibility for key executives. This role will help build strong, integrated media engagement and coverage and strengthen lifestyle positioning and brand relevance to drive future company growth. In addition, this candidate will distinguish a clear perception and image for Equinox by building brand equity as the authoritative voice in High Performance Living, establishing Equinox as a thought leader on the substance of health, science and fitness as well as travel, music, beauty and fashion.
In addition to the day to day activities such as club openings, new fitness offerings, partnerships, business announcements and brand extensions, the candidate will work closely with our PR, creative, influencer and experiential agencies to develop integrated communications strategies for brand moments.
- Develop communications strategies for new announcements and launches and establish a steady cadence of coverage that communicate business momentum and execution
- Leverage talent and company leaders for press and facilitate and manage media interviews with key company spokespeople and fitness talent
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop creative and integrated programs that build top of the funnel awareness of our premium offering to drive consideration and leads
- Place Equinox as top of mind with key opinion leaders and tastemakers in the lifestyle, fashion, hospitality and travel space to make Equinox synonymous with high performance lifestyle
- Amplify celebrity activity establish cultural and emotional relevance with a distinct brand identity
- Use consumer insights and data to position Equinox as a trailblazer in digital and experiential that sets industry trends
- Collaborate with our other brands on communications efforts: Blink, Pure Yoga and SoulCycle
- 10-15 years of public relations experience
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in marketing, public relations or communications
- Significant experience in media relations and issues management, spokesperson training, strategic marketing alliances, special events, etc., plus strong journalistic writing skills
- Success representing public relations on cross-functional teams developing strategies and tactics for integrated marketing plans
- Experience working with industry analysts to facilitate briefings and educational events
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual problem-solving ability; oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
NOTE: This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.