Director, Mobile Engineering- Equinox MediaApply
Director, Mobile Engineering- Equinox MediaOverview
Equinox Group is a high-growth collective of the world’s most influential lifestyle brands, that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences and community. Its mission is to restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it.
In 2019, Equinox unveiled its new on-demand fitness streaming platform, Equinox Media. This venture blends digital and in-real life experiences across hardware and personalized content representing its portfolio of brands. In addition to the new digital venture, Equinox Group’s ecosystem of brands currently includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, Pure Yoga and Equinox Explore. Its creative vision and strategic growth are led by Executive Chairman and Managing Partner Harvey Spevak.Job Description
It is an exciting yet critical time at Equinox Media and we're looking for a Director of Mobile Engineering who has a strong technical background to lead our mobile team in building the apps that our members use on a daily basis. This is a unique role that will help our teams invent new ways of connecting people to the communities and fitness that they love. Our teams embrace a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with humility, perseverance, and care for one another. We strive to continuously deliver the best results and focus on how every action helps push our mission forward of helping our members pursue Fitness everyday. If you're the type of leader who likes to be hands-on, has experience building mobile apps that integrate with many other systems, and a track record of delivering high-quality software, then this is the right role for you.
As our Director of Mobile Engineering, you will split your time between leading multiple teams of engineers and designing the mobile architecture that will allow us to grow significantly post our flagship launch of Variis. This is a hands-on role that will own and lead architecture and engineering practices for mobile development. Day-to-day you will collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers, marketing, operations, member experience, and outside partners. You will play a big role in hiring and growing the team to support the growth of the business and fostering the engineering culture at Equinox Media.
What You Will Do:
- Lead mobile development in React Native across multiple apps and platforms
- Manage multiple teams of engineers
- Support team members and mentor other mobile engineers through code review, knowledge sharing, and leading by example
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the team
- Actively participate in all major technical discussions related to the platform
- Create a culture of observability within the team, constantly keeping an eye on app performance and error reporting
More About You (if you don't meet 100% of these qualifications but have the relevant experience, that's OK -- we still encourage you to apply):
- 6 to 8 or more years of software development experience
- 2 to 4 years of experience leading a team
- Experience leading multiple complex software projects
- You have deep knowledge of modern design and development patterns
- You have experience building and integrating with RESTful APIs
- You have experience working with GraphQL
- You have a strong understanding of git and its popular branching models
- You have a strong understanding of unit testing and CI/CD practices
- You have experience working in an agile environment
- You have a passion for technology, learning, and finding the best solution
About Our Mobile Tech Stack:
- React Native with native components
- We use GraphQL!
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of view and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.