Director, Global Compensation - Equinox Fitness Clubs
Director, Global Compensation - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high-performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
We are currently seeking a Director, Compensation to support our People Services team at our New York City office! Equinox currently has a hybrid work plan.
The People Services team is looking to hire a highly motivated Director, Global Compensation team member. This role will report into the Vice President, Total Rewards and inspire a small team who will oversee the Global compensation programs.
The ideal candidate is analytical and possesses a curiosity to create, automate and enhance processes and procedures to positively impact how we pay our team members. Teamwork is also a key to success for this role – it will require a partnership amongst members of the People Services team (People Services Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, HRIS, Communications, L&D), Leadership, as well as between other departments (Business Leaders, Finance, Legal, IT, Payroll, etc.), in ensuring the collaboration and execution against key pillars of our Win with Talent strategy.
- Lead the company’s compensation programs including annual salary planning/merit increases process, salary structures, variable pay and other incentive programs to ensure alignment with company’s goals, initiatives, and budget.
- Create an effective and efficient compensation processes across the Group including the annual merit process, systems and data) in daily maintenance of compensation programs
- Experience in designing and implementing complex performance focused compensation strategies (e.g., annual incentive score cards – measures, weightings, etc) for non-executive compensation plans/policies.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all compensation programs, policies, and guidelines to ensure they are market competitive, drive performance, aligned with corporate goals and are in compliance with company policies, federal legislation and other government and regulatory pay requirements.
- Work closely with communication teams to develop and execute a comprehensive communication strategy for compensation, identifying opportunities to improve employee engagement and facilitate proactive and effective messaging.
- Collaborate with business leaders as well as leadership (e.g., CFO) to ensure annual and long term incentive plans are part of performance discussions and effective in incentivizing business outcomes/goals
- Support in the creation of global grading, job architecture structures and salary market reference points
- Experience with designing and implementing compensation scorecards to measure the effectiveness of incentive plan for non-executive compensation plans/policies.
- Experience in communicating and presenting effectively at the Executive level.
- Manage a compensation professional
- Bachelor’s degree or concentration in Human Resources or related field required
- 10+ years of experience in compensation required. SHRM-CCP certification is a bonus
- Have managed a team of compensation professionals
- Functional knowledge of Shareworks
- Understanding of FSLA requirements
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel; experience with VBA or Macros a plus
- Proficient with PowerPoint and HRIS systems, preferably UKG
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
All potential employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon an offer of employment unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise In accordance with Equinox’s policies and our ongoing commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, their families, our members, and the community at large COVID-19 vaccines are required for employees in this position. Accordingly, any offer of employment is conditioned upon an applicant’s ability to provide proof of vaccination. In accordance with CDC's definition of fully vaccinated, full-course vaccination is defined as 14 days past an individual's last vaccination dose in their initial vaccine series (14 days past the second shot of a two-dose Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine; 14 days past the one-shot Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
Looking to learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and what the Equinox experience really is? Explore how we go beyond fitness to create a culture that is supportive, drives you forward, and never settles for less than the best.
Who We Are
This is where you can find the story that started it all and how we deliver the best experience time after time.Learn More
What Matters To Us
How do we stay on top? By letting our values drive our work and how we treat each other.Learn More
What We Offer
Our benefits and rewards support you in every way that matters.Learn More