Director, Financial Reporting & ComplianceApply
Director, Financial Reporting & Compliance
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the worlds’ most influential and differentiated lifestyle brands. We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox Fitness Clubs, Equinox Group’s other brands include, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have almost 300 physical locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox Group, a newly formed entity that aims to bring all our brands together and foster cross-brand collaboration. As a part of this reorganization, we are seeking a Director of Financial Reporting and Compliance to create and lead the quarterly and annual financial reporting process for Group. This position will be responsible for creating and managing the timeline for reporting packages and other deliverables from subsidiaries, ultimately consolidating all subsidiary information at the Group level, creating financial statements and footnotes. In addition, this individual will manage complex accounting changes and proposed implementation strategies for subsidiaries of Group, such as leading and implementing the adoption of the new lease accounting standards for all subsidiaries, with the assistance from an outside accounting firm.
The candidate will be able to develop and maintain smooth, cooperative working relationships with all subsidiaries of Group. This individual will be eager to learn, is organized and possesses excellent communication skills.
This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Financial Reporting and Compliance at the Group’s corporate headquarters located in Manhattan at One Park Avenue.
- Lead the financial reporting and compliance team by preparing annual and quarterly financial statements for Group
- Consolidate all Group subsidiaries ensuring all inter-group balances are eliminated and calculating non-controlling interest for all subsidiaries of Group
- Responsible for creating and monitoring the timeline to receive reporting packages from Group’s subsidiaries
- Create and successfully implement procedures to accelerate the current reporting timeline at each subsidiary
- Main liaison with external auditors during the annual audits and quarterly reviews by preparing schedules and providing supporting documentation
- Lead preparation of quarterly audit committee materials and support quarterly investor call preparation requirements
- Main contact for Group to implement accounting guidance at the subsidiaries level related to lease accounting, share-based compensation accounting and transactional accounting, specifically researching technical accounting guidance and preparing analysis
- Lead the administration of all capitalization tables of Group’s subsidiaries within Groups cloud-based equity solution Shareworks, which includes quarterly capitalization table preparation and maintenance of equity plan documents and equity award agreements
- Support Groups subsidiaries quarterly calculation of share-based compensation calculations for the various equity programs including equity management such as new issuances, exercises and expirations
- Support Group’s Finance team whom will work with an outside valuation firm to prepare a valuation for each subsidiary on a quarterly basis for stock-based compensation calculations
- Prepare ratios and other types of analytics to assist users of the financial statements, when needed
- Able to work and partner effectively with other departments at the various subsidiaries, such as General Counsel, People Services, Accounts Payable, Tax, Real Estate, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis and external third parties
- Manage team members as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- CPA required (active)
- Approximately 7-10 years of experience in accounting
- Parent/subsidiary consolidation experience with numerous operating subsidiaries that are independently run and report into the parent company via a reporting package
- Knowledge of Hyperion and Shareworks, a plus
- Self-motivated, proactive thinker with ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload
- Leader amongst team members and decisive when interacting with subsidiaries personnel
- Able to handle pressure and short deadlines with a positive attitude
- Exhibit willingness and ability to learn, adapt and improve the environment
- Strong analytical and communication and presentation skills
- Career-minded and goal-oriented person who can see challenges as an opportunity for future advancements
- Management experience required
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Complimentary Equinox Club membership
- 30-50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
- Other benefits at the Equinox Group subsidiary levels
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Group is an equal opportunity employer.