Director, Data Engineering - Equinox FitnessApply
Director, Data Engineering - Equinox Fitness
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox is seeking a Data Engineering professional to join our Data Insights team. This role is a leadership position, responsible for the build and continued evolution of a cutting-edge data platform. This next generation data platform will include a modern Data Warehouse implementation, inclusive of modern data processing and data persistence technologies.
- Oversee the design, build, and operation of reliable and scalable data analysis pipelines, using technologies including Python, Spark, Redshift and SQL Server
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of highly skilled data engineering
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives to develop new capabilities, including hands-on development responsibilities
- Provide architectural support and assure documentation of standards, best practices, and operating procedures
- Rationalize and reduce support via automation, automated test and deployment
- Evaluate and conduct POC’s with new technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree Required: Computer Science or Engineering discipline preferred
- 7+ years of experience designing Data Warehouse/Data Lake and ETL architectures
- 5+ years experience with leading Big Data technologies
- 3+ years of experience with Python development
- Experience managing or leading small to medium sized engineering teams in a dynamic environment
- 3+ years of leading modern development approaches (serverless, containers, micro-services, cell-based design)
- 2+ years of experience with the AWS eco-system, toolsets and deployment architecture – AWS certification is a plus
- Solid understanding of batch data processing framework such as Spark and Hive
- Solid understanding of real-time processing frameworks such as Kinesis, SQS, Lambda, and Spark Streaming
- Extensive experience working with Linux
- Strong working knowledge of Agile methodologies & best practices (Scrum, Kanban)
- Expertise in SQL: 10 out of 10, SQL Ninja analytic capabilities, SQL ELT development and optimization on distributed systems
- Experience with SQL/NOSQL systems/databases, Dynamo, Redis, or Redshift is a plus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
HOW TO LEARN MORE:
For more information regarding our company and career opportunities, please visit careers.equinox.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.